PDA

View Full Version : Limoges to East Midlands

Snow_Owl
3rd Aug 2008, 23:53
Hello,

I'm new to posting here. I browsed a lot but first time posting.
Really enjoy planes and hopefully one day will learn to fly. Though I'm broke right now so that will probably never happen lol.
Anyway, I am really into all commercial planes and also collect small diecast ones too.

I flew from Limoges France to East Midlands UK the other day and was wondering if anyone knows the flight path as I am interested in the towns I flew over and which direction we cross the channel at.

I see a lot of planes going over my house too and wondered if there were any sites online to see airline routes on maps, not just the destinations.

Thanks.

Tim.

The Real Slim Shady
4th Aug 2008, 00:09
Out of LIG the route takes you over Poitiers then a right turn to Nantes, another right turn towards a waypoint just east of Cherbourg.

Over the Channel to Portsmouth, around the west of London, almost over the top of Heathrow to Hemel Hempstead then north up the M1 to Leicester.

Sometimes if the French military aren't too busy we get a more direct routing, missing out Poitiers and heading towards Nantes before getting another direct towards Cherbourg.

Snow_Owl
4th Aug 2008, 09:18
Thankyou for the fast reply, that is really interesting.

Tim.