PDA

View Full Version : Flight Crew Rostering Program

Sqwark2004
3rd Aug 2008, 21:48
Hey folks,

I see this has already been touched on but I would like to ask the question just one more time.

I am a pilot working for a company that is expanding into new aircraft and employing new crew.
The company has been operating for the past 13 or so years with light twins and 19 seat turbo-props and has recently upgraded to 30 seater turbo-props and now has a much larger pool of pilots and cabin crew to deal with.

I am trying to assist the Operations/Crew Control Manager in tracking down a program or some sort of software that will allow them to make up a roster that covers all of the flights, the huge influx of training, keeps track of all of the pilots flight and duty times as well as allowing the rules and regulations (Australian CASA) to be adheard to.

Any leads or advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers

S2k4

Mr Angry from Purley
2nd Sep 2008, 17:16
Based in Hemington, Derby (not New York) is that who I think it is, M R? :\

xtypeman
12th Sep 2008, 14:05
Mr Angry,

The system is called New York as you say robust works well has good back up also will keep the accounts happy very very reasonable price.

Caution though all computor crewing systems are not that effective they will only gaurantee about 70% of flying program being rostered the 30% then takes ages to cover one airline ended up doing the roster manually as it was quicker. Be careful with mixed fleets these systems have great difficulty in dealing with multi rated crew.

XT

lotta_kan
9th Dec 2008, 15:14
Just to share my experience, there is never ever any system in the market perfectly adapted to any airline operations without customisation given every airline operation and crewing practice is unique. However once dedicated resources, not just money but more the expertise from users and IT, have been invested, the benefits would be huge.

Happy to share if anyone is interested.

:rolleyes:

Cheers

merlinxx
9th Dec 2008, 16:15
Very true, under 10 acft, a pencil and eraser still works:ok:

That's of course if you have good folks working with/for you:E

Kakkadu
20th Mar 2009, 11:18
Harmony, greez

you would not have put up the same device in accordance with the latest EU OPS-1 rules, would you. I look for something very simple that a pilot can use for self control and maybe his ops manager to control them all. I would be interested to hear more if it applies to EU OPS-1

AiRBuS_380
21st Mar 2009, 13:09
just give Jeppesen office a call.. they wil help you ....

stevecertec_aviator
7th Apr 2009, 05:08
Rocade designed by sabre can also be a very good option

stevecertec_aviator
7th Apr 2009, 05:11
Lotta, whatever you wrote I completely agree with that.. its not a software that makes the operations smooth but its the people and and crewing practices of the company that make the operations smooth..There are other factors as well but here I am talking only in regards to the role of the rostering team in any airline

Daniel_Berlin
8th Apr 2009, 13:56
Hi stevecertec_aviator,

you are completely right, people make always the difference in business. I think that a smooth operation is a team of good people and real-time information for taking the good decision for the given situation. So, information technology is supporting the good people or steeling them much time to get the required information.
Many people are used to a status quo in their business and have to accept it. But we all can improve things and make it easier in daily business.
What do you think?
Brgds, Daniel

stevecertec_aviator
23rd Apr 2009, 15:21
Hi Daniel,

I agree with you that we can make things simple and better in daily business. The only thing required is dedication, alertness and correcting past mistakes.

PPRuNe Pop
6th May 2009, 16:24
This thread is clearly advertising and one or two posts have been removed.

PPRuNe does not accept advertising unless it is paid for. If someone has an interest in that then on the first yellow bar above is PPRuNe's advertising link.

The thread is now closed.