PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 763 Hydraulic leak

jhurditch
3rd Aug 2008, 11:47
I post this in reply to the recent news coverage of the Manila bound Qantas 767-300. With all the recent media hype about Qantas, are the standards as Qantas really getting worse or just being reported more?

ansettman
5th Aug 2008, 11:03
Charlie Q are having a bad run of late. The press are on their case cos they have nothing else to report on, apart from some thing thats happening in China at the moment. In answer to your question, yes, it is just getting reported more.

Rainboe
5th Aug 2008, 11:26
What airliner doesn't ever have a hydraulic leak? I have gaily vented hydraulic fluid on almost every continent. I have showered a ground engineer in an undercarriage bay with the stuff (got a night on the Algarve for that). What we have is every irrelevant normal, run-of-the-mill tech problems being highlighted by our 'guardians of the news' as poor old Quantas (I know! More people seem to recognise it that way!) is under the spotlight at the moment. The public is not aware of the defects and faults these highly technical pieces of equipment fly around with every day. It is not possible to have a perfect plane. That is why you rely on yer pilot and you really don't ever want to entrust yer carcase to a fully automatic plane!

AMEandPPL
6th Aug 2008, 21:35
poor old Quantas - I know!

Well, if you know, why not do it correctly then ?
This stupid, selfish and arrogant attitude impresses just NOBODY.

Queensland
And
Northern
Territories
Aviation
Services

blow.n.gasket
8th Aug 2008, 03:08
Should be real interesting when the media get wind of the rumoured B737 hydraulic leak a few weeks ago.
VXJ syd-bne lost system A Hydraulic system.
System B vented overboard soon after. Not supposed to happen.
Manual Reversion landing the result.
Where's all the paper work?:=