PDA

View Full Version : A Question for RyanAir Staff

JP1
2nd Aug 2008, 11:39
I have just used RyanAir online check-in and I can only check-in 5 days in advance.

That means I can't check-in for the return flight and don't have access at my destination to check-in online for the return journey.

I am pretty sure with BA and Easyjet you are allowed to check-in online for the return flight without the stipualtion of max 5 days in advance (but I apologise if I am incorrect).

Given that most return flights will generally exceed 5 days from outbound to inbound (rules out all those 1 week holidays) I was wondering what the logic was?

G-BPED
2nd Aug 2008, 11:56
BA On-Line Check-in is 24 hours before departure even for a return flight it's always 24 hours before departure.

On BA, depending what price you paid for your ticket you can select your seat in advance but check-in is always 24 hours before departure.

I was informed by BA that the cabin layout (number of Y/J seats) is calculated around 2 days before the flight but, can also be adjusted on the day of the flight. I guess if OLCI was open sooner than 24 hours they would end up moving people around as a result of changes to the seating configuration.

I have often viewed my booking online and seen that the number of Y/J available seats changes, sometimes daily. For example Club rows extended say from Row 5 to 8 or vice versa.

I dont know your destination but, maybe there is an internet cafe there where you could check-in online?

Regards,

G-BPED

Seat62K
2nd Aug 2008, 13:30
I understand that with airlines like BA aircraft type can change, too. Since Ryanair uses only one type configured exactly the same way across the fleet, I can't see the logic of 5 days whereas, in comparison, easyJet allow OLCI 60 days in advance. Why can't Ryanair do the same?
Moderators: Please move this thread. It doesn't belong in "Spotters".

JP1
2nd Aug 2008, 18:26
Yes, I have realised I should have posted in SLF forum... Oh well..