PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training (FlyAft.com)

davey147
1st Aug 2008, 19:42
For a flight school that seems quite large, I cannot find many discussions regarding this school.

Does anyone have any comments regarding the quality of the ATPL full time ground school and the flight training please?

Thanks

OneIn60rule
2nd Aug 2008, 10:49
Teachers are very good.
The Standard of training is very high.

Not sure what's happening with the DA42's over there though, used to be the ones they would use for Multi IFR ratings. Now that Thielert has issues... looks sketchy.

Everyone I know that took a ground school there was very happy with the ATPL's, teachers will go miles to ensure you comprehend your subjects.

You pay as you go for flying, management tries it's best to be fair whenever they can if there's something you dislike etc.

1/60

davey147
16th Aug 2008, 12:51
Thanks for the comment, not too many people tend to talk about this place!

rons22
16th Aug 2008, 21:28
did some training with them and it was very good. wish i did my IR with them as well.

Nozwaldo
18th Aug 2008, 11:17
I did ATPL groundschool by distance learning with AFT (2006/2007) so can't comment on full time course but I have recently visited them with the view to doing ME/CPL/IR/MCC. They have recently moved to a new building and the facilities are now even better. If you have opportunity to visit then do so as it's the best way to get a feel for the place.

Noz

Megaton
18th Aug 2008, 11:37
It's over 4 years since I was there but I was very happy with the training. Most importantly I never felt they were trying to rip me off.

poss
18th Aug 2008, 12:34
Thielert have recently just started pumping out a lot of 2.0 litre engines, I'm not sure on Atlantics status with the engines but that should spread a bit of hope for those that are wanting to get some training on the DA42.

ghandou
18th Aug 2008, 12:48
I've just finished my ATPL ground school there. I started out as a distance learner but couldn't keep up with working full time and trying to study 4 hours a night, so I saved up enough money and got 6 months off work. My integration from the distance course to the full time course couldn't have been easier, the staff were great and I got a really good deal taking into account the funds I had already paid for the distance learning.

The instructors are top notch, extremely helpful and willing to do anything you may need to help you pass. Any problems with your theory see Nigel Roche, any technical or calculation problems see Jaqui Suren, probably two of the smartest people I have met. I can't stress enough how worth while it is doing your theory there. :D

The school also has a really good atmosphere. I finished uni in 2001 and have embarked on a technical career that provides training each year in the field I work in. My course at AFT has by far been the most enjoyable out of all the courses I have ever attended.

I originally wanted to go somewhere else to finish my CPL/IR etc. but after my experience at AFT I will definitely be returning to finish everything up there.

Good luck with your studies! :ok:

J