PDA

View Full Version : Seneca College (Flight Programme)?

flyer_spotter
1st Aug 2008, 18:41
Hey hello, I'm a high school student (going to be a senior or 12th grader) in the US. I plan to apply for Cathay or Dragonair cadet pilot programme (Hong Kong PR) once I'm out of high school. But I am also planning my back up plan, which is to get an aviation degree at Seneca College.
My questions are (Flight Program Degree - Applied Degree Program (http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/FPR.html)):

According to the above website,
Program Eligibility:
Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a majority of senior credits at the University Preparation (U) or University/College Preparation (M) level or Mature Student Status (age 19 or older).
Six Grade 12 U or M courses with a minimum 65% average including:
Grade 12 English: ENG4(U)
Grade 12 Mathematics: Calculus and Vectors - MCV4(U)*
Grade 12 Mathematics: Advanced Functions - MHF4(U)**
Grade 12 Physics: SPH4(U)
Grade 12 Chemistry: SCH4(U)***
One additional course at the U or M level****
I'm not sure if I qualify for this programme. Apart from the obvious (english and others) I took physics and trigonometry last year, and this year I'll be taking Calculus and Chemistry. However, with the different wording or name of those requirements, I am not sure the California standard will meet the Ontario Secondary School Diploma standard...I tried to email the staffs and they don't seem know the exact answers...Has anyone encountered such situation before?

Thank you,

flyer_spotter