PDA

View Full Version : Floater Heli Pilot

ROTORVATION
1st Aug 2008, 11:06
Hello everyone,

There was recently a job advertised for a police floater pilot to cover operations in Essex & Cambridge. I think the closing date for applicants was the 24th of last month. I don't suppose anybody with a bit of passed on information may know when applicants will be contacted?

Take it easy.

:ok:

Fly_For_Fun
27th Aug 2008, 21:46
Are you still waiting? :ok:

Whirlygig
28th Aug 2008, 07:10
but they had to legally advertise it.There's nothing in employment legislation which states job vacancies have to be advertised - that would be an internal policy of the police force. It seems to be prevalent within the public sector and they convince themselves it's the law; it ain't! :)

Cheers

Whirls

ROTORVATION
28th Aug 2008, 08:49
Sadly didn't even get close this time, but thanks for asking 'Fly for Fun'!

Just a note, I was amazed, astonished even at how many applicants there were, and how many of those had MEIR. I've tried to think where all these extra pilots have come from, and can only assume that many have come from flying in Ireland where the bubble has burst a bit. Could be well and truely wrong though.

Cheers

RV

Helinut
28th Aug 2008, 11:18
The job is pretty attractive to existing police pilots too. For the individual there are perceived benefits of being direct employed rather than through a contractor. A floater job with 2 types has variety too.

jemax
28th Aug 2008, 18:39
With a couple of days to go it was over 50, symptomatic of the market at the moment when offering a job onshore that well paid.

fkelly
28th Aug 2008, 19:30
You'd want to be well paid to have RM as your chief pilot :ugh:

Mungo5
19th Feb 2009, 19:39
I know this is after the event, but does anyone remember the experience and type requirements for the post?

The link on flightglobal is no longer valid.

vmtia.

Helinut
20th Feb 2009, 08:11
Mungo,

The job required the pilot to fly the EC135 and the MD902. However, as I recall the advert did not REQUIRE both type ratings.

Indeed, I understand that the successful applicant only had a type rating on one of these. He was local to Essex and presumably know to the Consortium.

anonythemouse
20th Feb 2009, 12:20
Is there not normally an minimum experience requirement in the region of 2000hrs with 1500hrs PIC ME and also night experience within that around 200hrs?

Mungo5
20th Feb 2009, 12:45
That was it - many thanks..

jemax
20th Feb 2009, 13:16
It was actually 1500 PIC total didn't specify the mix between single/twin or even turbine and either 50 or 100 hours night (cant remember) no IR requirement or previous experience on types.