PDA

View Full Version : F.C. Barcelona cancels Air Berlin

beachbumflyer
1st Aug 2008, 10:46
Spanish football team Barcelona cancelled yesterday a flight with Air Berlin
from Pisa to Chicago because Air Berlin refuses to train employees to speak catalan nor includes catalan on inflight messages.
Air Berlin kept about 125.000€ to cancelled the flight. F.C. Barcelona hasn't said who paid for the B-747 that replaced Air Berlin's A-330.

beachbumflyer
1st Aug 2008, 11:36
Capt. PPRuNe,
Why was this thread moved? Air Berlin is a German airline, the flight was from Italy to the USA, and USA's Major League Football was paying for
the flight.
Many people who read the Spanish Forum probably know the news.
And there are threads in Rumors & News that relate to Rest of the World
& Non-English Language Forums and are not moved.

VAFFPAX
13th Aug 2008, 21:07
So... who's fault is it. Air Berlin's? I don't think so. Air Berlin is, as you point out, German. Why would they want to train c/c to speak Catalan when Spanish will do? Yes, we all know how much Catalans dislike speaking Spanish, but that is no excuse.

S.

BYALPHAINDIA
14th Aug 2008, 10:36
Why use AB, Should use Alitalia, Iberia, Or Spanair.

Or charter an Air Comet A310.

Groundloop
14th Aug 2008, 11:52
Why use AB?

Could have been cheapest!!?? Rather a stupid question, really.

WHBM
14th Aug 2008, 20:26
As most Ryanair crews out of Stansted seem unable to speak English, presumably all British football teams will stop using them as well.

AircraftOperations
15th Aug 2008, 00:10
Everything comes down to cost and availability at the end of the day.

Not many carriers aim to keep a week or two free in the hope that a football team will take their aircraft to the USA during the peak summer season.

And as far as I know from Ryanair pilots that I know , Ryanair don't operate a lot of ad-hoc charters. - Though this may change as the poor economic climate continues.