PDA

View Full Version : SAR Heroes On TV

winch wannabe
31st Jul 2008, 12:07
HIGHLAND EMERGENCY – CHANNEL 5

For the past 6 months, D Flt, 202 Sqn at RAF Lossiemouth has been working with Granada Television as part of a major Channel 5 documentary series called Highland Emergency. The filming of this 30-part documentary series has now concluded and transmission will start on 5 Aug 08 at 1930.

The series follows the work of all the emergency services in the Highlands. However, the SAR force features prominently in the series. An extract from the Channel 5 website reads:

Highland Emergency is a documentary series following the amazing work of the emergency services in the Highlands of Scotland. The members of RAF Search and Rescue 137 battle fading light and high winds to rescue two climbers stuck 4,000 feet up on Ben Nevis. Elsewhere, the Stornoway Coastguards race to help an injured 70 year-old-man on the tiny island of Scarp; and the Cairngorm Mountain Ski Patrol is called to a the aid of a 20-year-old man with a badly broken leg.

By way of background, this series (30x30 minute programmes) is the largest commission that Channel 5 has awarded and the series will form the backbone of their autumn and winter schedule.
:ok:

leopold bloom
31st Jul 2008, 12:14
Will John Prince be featured?:ok:

PICKS135
31st Jul 2008, 16:42
Looks like 'RAF' Prestwick gets a mention too judging by the 771 Sqn a/c in the advert on last night.

:E:E:E:E

Background Noise
31st Jul 2008, 17:01
Or, as it actually says on the website, and elsewhere, "The members of RAF Search and Rescue 137 squadron ......"

Hummingfrog
31st Jul 2008, 20:02
Why don't they save some money and repeat "Rescue" filmed on D Flt 202 Sqn in the late 80s. I could then get some repeat fees to help me in retirement!!:D

HF

Icanseeclearly
1st Aug 2008, 12:25
If Prestwick are involved how often will a certain Observer mention his AFC for Boscastle? Anyone willing to place a bet....

Donna K Babbs
1st Aug 2008, 13:45
OOOOh you bitch!!!! Don't worry, nobody will recognise him without his beard.

JTIDS
1st Aug 2008, 17:45
This got a bit nasty rather quickly!

carlhooper
18th Aug 2008, 18:37
I saw it last week but didn't seem to feature Lossie at all. Mostly the Prestwick cab and a very dull copper getting a lorry towed. Is it all the Navy or will there be yellow cabs too?

Moose Loadie
18th Aug 2008, 20:12
Lossie cab should make an appearance tomorrow night (Tuesday).

Mr Point
18th Aug 2008, 22:07
Who gives a ****....

Firstly, a large percentage of the public - you never know when you might need one!

Secondly, the MOD media machine - they certainly give a ****!

Why are they "heroes"? For doing their job? Or perceived as heroes by their peers? Brave men and women arguably. But heroes...?

Fair point but I don't know of ANY SAR crews who see themselves as heroes.

Adam Nams
18th Aug 2008, 23:58
That means we would have listen to John Prince and idiot commissioned RADOP drone on, ooh and we would have to watch that scene where the wife drops off that rearcrew person and then proceeds to try and suck his face off.

The 'Off' button of your TV remote control must have been out of action for most of the series then. ;)

MyTarget
19th Aug 2008, 12:54
You'll also get a peak into the 21st Century when they show the Coast Guard S92's:p

19th Aug 2008, 18:16
As long as there are no long-range jobs to do...:) and it's peek:ok:

taxydual
19th Aug 2008, 18:52
If the 92's doing Mountain Sits, its peak!

OK, I'll get my hat........:):)

MyTarget
20th Aug 2008, 07:20
I better get a new spell chucker!:}

Oh crab you better get your facts right! Me thinks the tanks are fitted..............

Oh and whats your MCA planning speed? 100kts!

You might get there some time tomorrow:bored:

BA283
20th Aug 2008, 07:40
Just you cut John Prince some slack, otherwise you'll have my wife to answer to, she loved his wry smile his charisma and his charm; as did all the girls around the Moray Firth. There are probably hundreds of former male residents of the area who are surrogate fathers to his love children!!:ok:

scottishbeefer
29th Aug 2008, 18:58
Let's not let the Cornish SAR boys get the credit (they're getting it soon via Seaside Rescue) - the cab's got an ace of clubs on it but it's nowt to do with 771.

God Bless the RN's GANNET SAR FLT - yet again the busiest SAR unit in the UK, oh, and Lossie, for some nice PR for milsar. (How long till someone mentions Manser, Warrington et al at Storners?)

As for having a go at a previously bearded Observer - that's surely just jealousy talking?! Anyone else getting 50hrs+ every month?

Oh, btw - Nostrinian - what a loser's comment.

alexmac
29th Aug 2008, 19:59
Here Here! Congrats to BJN & the lads up there :ok:

west lakes
29th Aug 2008, 20:30
Slight drift

BBC NEWS | England | Cumbria | Three people fall from mountain (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7588753.stm)

busy day in Cumbria, spotted the Valley cab on it's way home at about 18:30

Well done all