PDA

View Full Version : VPAW operating on NVGs

Shirtless
31st Jul 2008, 10:59
ATC friend of mine told me that VPAW has been flying around Victorian countryside on NVGs for past couple of weeks...any insiders at VPAW that can shed some light on this?

212bushman
31st Jul 2008, 11:50
Well that would explain the unlighted 365 the other night heading back to Essendon base then. :oh:

vpaw pilot
31st Jul 2008, 22:41
Yes, we are out and about in the police machine, in the process of qualifying all pilots and observers. We are not normally lights off; only for training demos with the tower's approval :E....

The police machine is sporting a full NVG cockpit mod, and the ambulance machine will be modified on the next G inspection. We will then be operating both police and HEMS on NVG.

A great capability.

spinwing
31st Jul 2008, 22:44
Mmmmm ....

And about time too ..... might I say ....

:E

vpaw pilot
31st Jul 2008, 22:57
Yep...tell us about it! :)

helmet fire
1st Aug 2008, 03:40
As one of the organisations that formed a catalyst to get the NVG project going, this is a great achievement - especially having to overcome the obstacles in their particular path.

Well done guys - outstanding in fact!:D

....should be more of it............:ok:

Delta Torque
1st Aug 2008, 03:41
Thanks G....hats off to MT!

helmet fire
1st Aug 2008, 05:50
..hats off to MT!

....and not just from VPAW but from the Australian Industry in fact!!

well done Mike Tavcar!

PO dust devil
1st Aug 2008, 07:52
Go Trolley.......

Mark Six
1st Aug 2008, 08:14
Well done Mike. But what about my IR renewal???!

John Eacott
1st Aug 2008, 08:21
But what about my IR renewal???!

:p ;) Murphy was an optimist!

Well done: nice to see the fruits of years of effort :D

PO dust devil
1st Aug 2008, 08:56
put the trainer software next to his IRT:}

Just joking Sir.

I mean I hope I wasn't outa line with the one about........

sunnywa
1st Aug 2008, 13:41
So is Rotorlift, EMQ, Careflight (NSW) and WA Police have been using for months (and quite addictive they are too).:cool:

Shirtless
2nd Aug 2008, 01:16
OK so VPAW is flying on NVGs....great!

'VPAW pilot'....seems you are in the know......can you also confirm VPAW contract with CHC...is this a done deal yet???

Also just some info for our end....who did your NVG cockpit Mod (ASU??) and who is doing your training (Rotorlift???).

Cheers

vpaw pilot
2nd Aug 2008, 05:08
Contract - We are in the dark too..last we heard, AH were the 'preferred tenderer'. But it's not our gig anyway...

Cockpit and airframe mod - Oxley.

Training,qualification and testing - In house

Mibus
2nd Aug 2008, 05:32
I heard that EMQ were not operational on NVGs as they were concentrating on the 139s?

Shirtless
2nd Aug 2008, 09:39
VPAW pilot....I wasn't referring to the AH contract with the Ambulance service....I mean YOUR contract with CHC????? What's happening there? What new equipment, if any, will you be getting?? etc...

vpaw pilot
2nd Aug 2008, 10:26
Ah, sori tumas...

Yes, continuing with CHC for six years (If I remember correctly)......moving to the new complex end of 08/early 09.

Keeping the current 2 N3's, replacing the 'C' model with a new N3, and replacing the Squirrel with a 135.

New aircraft arriving around September next year...