PDA

View Full Version : DL blows tire, returns to JFK

EXLEFTSEAT
31st Jul 2008, 07:11
Forbes.com just reports : "Delta Air Lines Flight 141 was bound for Salt Lake City on Tuesday afternoon when it blew out a tire on takeoff from the Queens airport. Passengers say they heard a loud explosion and started praying."
Seems everyone is o.k. Like the dramatic reporting style as usual..............

maxho
31st Jul 2008, 12:02
Actually a passenger from that flight was sitting next to me on DL73 later same night and said exactly that, loud explosion and people praying.

Pinkman
31st Jul 2008, 12:18
Given that Salt Lake City is the spiritual home of the Mormon community I suppose it's to be expected that a number of them would be on the flight and would pray loudly and continuously!

adverse-bump
31st Jul 2008, 12:55
So, an a/c takes off, blows one of its 10 tires then lands.

Ill call the BBC!
:ugh:

sevenstrokeroll
31st Jul 2008, 13:07
as america is quite free in terms of religion, I imagine all faiths were praying,not just mormons

by the way, the 737 800 can't dump fuel...published article are wrong

Roadtrip
31st Jul 2008, 14:08
Hard to believe that a thoroughly researched news story written by professional "journalists" would be wrong about an aviation related subject.

Or could it be just another example of a hack story written on the back of a napkin using the MSU (make *hit up) method of standard hack journalism?

baselb
10th Aug 2008, 12:13
I've a related dumb question (this is Spotters' Cornet after all).

Why return after a blown tyre? If you have to land with a damaged tyre anyway, couldn't you land at the destination?

nshahzad
12th Aug 2008, 16:48
could be more than just a blown tire