PDA

View Full Version : CTC ICP Cadets / Scheme

jaimz1982
30th Jul 2008, 19:22
Hi,

I wanted to start a thread specifically for the guys who are on / going onto the CTC ICP scheme.

I'm due to start on the 3rd of November this year, but as most sensible wannabes I've tried to ask as much as I could and find out how different the scheme is to the Wings.

Therefore:

Is anyone else going on the ICP scheme / already out there?
Is anyone else worried about employment?
What do people think about the fact we may have to renew our IR before we even get onto the ATP / AQC course?
How about the hassle trying to get the loan secured?
Insurances?
I'm sure there's lots of questions

Anyones experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jim

angelorange
30th Jul 2008, 20:42
The market is extremely uncertain - even China and Eastern states like Vietnam will be hit by Oil prices. If it hits $200/barrl in next 12 months a lot of airlines won't cope.

Suggest you persevere and become an instructor - then get into turboprops and later jets in a few years when next upturn occurs.

Even smaller flight schools are offering good money for instructors now.

Beware promises in this industry.

All the best

Pick me Flybe!
30th Jul 2008, 21:05
With regard your comment regarading renewing the IR before you get onto the ATP scheme i thought ( could be wrong?) completing the ICP scheme did not grant you autamatic entry onto the ATP scheme, and that you would have to apply to CTC to join the ATP scheme on the completion of your course.

This involves all of the aptitude tests interviews etc which the majority of people fail

jaimz1982
30th Jul 2008, 21:51
Hi 'Pick me flybe'

Yeah, as far as I'm aware the deal is that you have to re-take the test that you failed. I missed the maths by 2 questions, but the aptitude and group stuff etc was fine. However if the ATP course is closed, then you can't take it, hmmm, if it's closed for over 6 months then you will have to renew the IR, or will you? Will you have to renew on a multi engine piper, cessna, diamond or what ever? Or do you wait till jet / turbo prop job and then get a renewal on that plane? Is this even possible?

angel orange,

I would love to do instructing, it's just about wondering where that extra money will come from, but I guess that's what we all wonder! CTC do offer an instructing course at the moment, I'm going to find out about it!

Any ICP guys out there?

DougieMac
1st Aug 2008, 12:56
Hi, I attended an asesment day in bournmouth but unfortunately wasn't accepted, I was however offered a place on the IcP course if i wish and probably will end up doing it.

I already have a PPL and am 19 years old and was wondering if anybody thinks it is worth going for it being quite young even though it is a big financial commitment.

Also any other information on how the IcP course differs from the sponsored cadet course, and if i am worth trying for different sponsorships, and advice would be appreciated.

Andy112
2nd Aug 2008, 18:48
How much would a flying instructor earn roughly? I'm talking at an average sized flight school, like my local at Durham Tees Valley airport?

Polorutz
3rd Aug 2008, 00:49
ICP as far as the training goes, up to the fATPL is exactly the same as a Wings Cadet, I don't know whether the MCC (AQC) is included at the end (I think it is not?).

I was told by an ICP cadet that he was assured that in the end they would not just abandon him to fend for himself and would probably get help in being placed. with the current lack of places due to high oil prices etc... I'd imagine CTC Cadets would have priority over ICP guys.

Also, it is not clear whether you have the option to apply to the ATP scheme even if it is closed, since no ICP guy has yet finished there is no clear data on what happens after BOH.

toolowtoofast
5th Aug 2008, 06:23
The market is extremely uncertain - even China and Eastern states like Vietnam will be hit by Oil prices. If it hits $200/barrl in next 12 months a lot of airlines won't cope.

as it falls to $120 today......

no sponsor
5th Aug 2008, 16:18
$120 is not low. Most airlines business models assume a barrel of oil is not more than $60-$80.

no sponsor
5th Aug 2008, 19:46
This time last year, oil was below $100 per barrel. At the start of 2007, it was around $60 per barrel.

Check out

Image:Oil Prices Medium Term.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg)

Oil price increases since 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_price_increases_of_2004-2006)

Smiler737
11th Aug 2008, 02:56
Hi guys, im out in NZ now on the ICP course, and the training itself is exactly the same as the cadets recieve, the only difference is they go onto the AQC, and the icp guys have to apply to go onto the ATP scheme. That is the only main difference, oh apart from they are bonded to an airline who pay back their loan, whereas ICP pay it back themselves
any more info, just PM me.

jaimz1982
11th Aug 2008, 09:00
Thanks Smiler, thats great info.

How are you finding the course, have CTC said anything about empoloyment etc? How far through are you?

Ill PM you aswell.

Cheers!

gingersam86
12th Aug 2008, 13:05
Hey guys,Havent been on for a while, im going out on my icp course on the 3rd of Sept CP65. Any questions just pm me.

Toasty
13th Aug 2008, 14:10
how much does the CTC ATP cost, i know its closed atm but just curious. Also when they say

When do I start earning a salary? How much will that be?
CTC Wings ATP pilots entering an airline's employment will join on the appropriate airline direct entry salary and should make repayments of any loan (if taken) from income.

If that implying you get the salary on the line training they offer too?

Smiler737
14th Aug 2008, 03:48
I believe the ATP scheme costs between 5-6K....
Payment during line training....... by that time you would be with the airline, so yes you would be paid during that time. If you mean during type rating, im not 100% sure that you would, that would be on an airline to airline basis, they all differ.