PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in Working in Canada?

OldBonaMate
30th Jul 2008, 19:19
We are looking for former military fixed wing flying instructors, basic and advanced, to work in the ground school and sims at Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan. We are also interested in finding a former QWI, AWI, or FWI to instruct in the sim at Cold Lake. If anyone is interested, drop me a pm.

brit bus driver
1st Aug 2008, 01:28
Moose Jaw or Cold Lake, eh? Decisions, decisions.....:8

FFP
1st Aug 2008, 04:54
There's 2 things you need to know about Cold Lake.......; )

PPRuNeUser0211
1st Aug 2008, 08:45
Cold Lake : Warm year round, and absolutely no large bodies of water anywhere in the vicinity!

(Although I'd be back there in a jiffy, given half a chance!)

FFP
1st Aug 2008, 22:31
Got it in one pba !!

Was there between Sep and Mar. Snowed when I got in, and the same snow was there when I left.

Infact, the snow lasted longer than my FJ career.....;)

Craven Moorhed
2nd Aug 2008, 18:54
Cold Lake is sh1t; 'nuff said.....

BEagle
2nd Aug 2008, 19:12
Moose Jaw or Cold Lake, eh? Decisions, decisions.....:8

Hardly in the "Daddy or chips" league of decisions....

Double Zero
2nd Aug 2008, 21:33
Anywhere which titles itself ' cold ' needs a lot of justifying to get me there;

On the other hand, what do they pay for trials / recce' photographers, and is there ANY social life involving good looking women, I take it sailing is not an option without a very long drive ?!

Wholigan
2nd Aug 2008, 21:37
Well - that has to be my old mate and best man TRCS advertising those jobs.

I spent 3 great years at Cold Lake. Don't care what you say - it's terrific.

Am I too old??????

Does ex - IRE/ICP/PAI/FWI/QWI/QFI count?

:E

GICASI
3rd Aug 2008, 23:18
Oi - big nose. Call those qualifications? I'll be in Moose Jaw afore ye.

OBM (SMI)? Help out the busy reader. Give a steer on the package. Eg - Input = contract for x years/months @ y hours/week.

Output = Holiday entitlement, health care self/family, pension, oh, salary, cost of living as fraction compared to UK, blah.

Love to Y. Is MY still there?

GICASI

Wholigan
4th Aug 2008, 04:52
You can have Moose Jaw mate. I'll take Cold Lake.

;)

Bo Nalls
4th Aug 2008, 16:29
Remind me why it's called Cold Lake. Stats for the last 12 months from /www.theweathernetwork.com.

MAX TEMP : 30.2 °C MAX TEMP. DATEJun.30 2008 MIN TEMP :-41.6 °C MIN TEMP. DATEJan.29 2008 PRECIP ACCUMULATION462.3 mm

OldBonaMate
4th Aug 2008, 17:10
Hi Wholigan!

Thought you might!

I don't think you're too old, after all I'm still here. Drop me line some time and let me know how things are with you.

Mate and best man,

OBM

AYTCH
7th Aug 2008, 20:49
Can you please check your PMs dear chap

Davaar
8th Aug 2008, 07:25
If you choose Moose Jaw, and the zoo is still there, do not seek amusement by sticking your arm through the bars of the wolf cage; unless you do not really care about losing the arm. Your Moose Jaw Wolf just can't take a joke. No sense of humour at all.

newt
8th Aug 2008, 16:24
Too old Wholigan.......not you surely!

Cold Lake sounds good to me! Not got enough QFI IRE type things myself but it sounds like you might be the man!!

Craven Moorhed
8th Aug 2008, 16:51
Mr Davaar,

The MJ zoo is now gone, sadly.
But you can still get parts bitten off by upsetting any of the rednecks in Bobby's Place !

FFP
8th Aug 2008, 18:44
When you said the Moose Jaw Zoo, I thought you were referring to the famous Royal nightclub downtown.

It looked very much like a zoo, with the surprisingly common Hippocrocadogapig species often on display.............;)

Runaway Gun
8th Aug 2008, 18:49
Isn't that joint full of Mirrors FFP?

GICASI
8th Aug 2008, 19:38
Please check your .nftc account

Best,

GICASI

grundog
9th Aug 2008, 00:31
Title said it all!