PDA

View Full Version : 757 Question

bridxb
30th Jul 2008, 11:12
Hi,
MS Desk pilot here, SLF etc.
I wanted to ask a question about the 757 on rotation when powered by RB211's. I had heard that these engines were slightly overpowered for eg a 757-200.
As I said, I do fly FS-X and all ZTOW & GFW is calculated b/hand , centre of gravity and trim too. I find that on climb out a lot of forward stick is required to keep the 752 in a nose up attitude of between 10-13'.
Is this consistent with the real aircraft itself, I assumed that the trim would more or less reduce resistance on the yolk to zero particularly on climb out. It just feels a bit odd pushing the stick forward, is this common.
Naturally it's a sim, so I expect the real world answer will differ.
Thanks in advance
B.

Rainboe
31st Jul 2008, 11:41
We have a trim switch to change the whole tailplane. It is set before take-off so that during the early pre flap retraction climb, it feels neutral. At Aa, you lower the nose to retract flap and trim forward as you speed up, so it feels neutral when you trim right, so you are not holding any stick pressure. I have just done a max weight take-off with maximum reduced power, and climb attitude was 17 degrees, and the speed was still Vref30+40 at 1000'. I can't imagine what a full power take-off is like. New to the plane, I was rather astonished. It goes like a bat out of hell. And just as you are desperately trying to slow down, it's like being in a car with no brakes- much slipperier than a 737.

If you get really deep into it, rather than try and read across from the sim how you think it would be, save up your pennies and go have a blast in a real advanced simulator with visual system.