PDA

View Full Version : ATP requirements in Antilles

pininfarina
29th Jul 2008, 18:32
Probably not the best place to put this thread, but couldn't find another better place where suitable.

What are the requirements for an ATP rating in the Antilles? (Aruba, Curacao)
Are they the same as in the U.S? 1500TT/1000ME/500X/C/100night/75instr.
and be 23 years of age?

Dimiair
3rd Aug 2008, 18:30
The Dutch Antilles are still part of the Netherlands and therefore you need a Jar Licence...

gainanduru
7th Aug 2008, 22:20
Well to get an Netherlands Antilles ATPL (B1) license, you will need to complete your ATPL written exams with are even harder than the JAA written exams ,let alone the FAA ( 8 subjects) almost all open questions and the exams can only be taken twice during the year.
Also you will need a type rating on an A/C heavier than 20000 kgs
With an FAA ATPL you only get an B3 CPL
best thing to do is to get your JAA licence

europilot
7th Aug 2008, 23:42
Negative Dimiair.... the Dutch Antilles got their own CAA and their own licences... please check your facts before posting wrong info...

Thanks

Dimiair
11th Aug 2008, 16:13
Europilot is right. Sorry about that. They have a there own system indeed...But they accept jar licences. Not sure about faa.

REDBARRON5274
12th Apr 2009, 20:16
I did my B3 last year which in comparsion to a CASA CPL was easy and only took a few days to study and pass. Exams were weather, navigation and airlaw. Does anyone know whether i would need a B1 to fly a donier 228 as it has a T/O weight of around 6400kg as i know the limit in Australia is 5700kg (12500lb).
Is the B1 really that much harder than the B3 to pass and whats this about you needing a type rating on a heavy. What are the min hour requirments for issue of B1 and do you do it with the same 3 guys as the B3 at the airport in Curcao?