PDA

View Full Version : Help Required,Decision time South Africa/USA?

pom_555
29th Jul 2008, 13:22
Hi all,
Going to do a CPL/fATPL early next year.Im giving up my good job to do what I have always dreamt of.I was certain I would end up in the US but having done some research lately SA has now come in to the fold.My head is telling me go to the US but for some reason my heart is telling me SA .
Can anyone out there please give me some advice as I plan on making a decision soon on which country so I can go out and visit a few schools before deciding on which school to attend.

Thanks.

joshuaw
29th Jul 2008, 18:14
The regulations have changed some what here in SA and from the beginning of next year you will require to do, as I undestand the 14 subject thing for CPL similar to JAA. So please enquire and visit sacaa web site for confirmation. Although the cost might sound cheaper you must keep in mind that SA licenses are not regularly accepted in the outside, have a friend who went and did his Canadian license and returned to SA but CAA refused to validte his license.

Just a short note and something to think about
:ok::ok:

Leezyjet
29th Jul 2008, 20:54
The SA license is an ICAO license just as much as a US license is.

Most countries will normally require a conversion to a local license anyway, so it doesn't matter if it was done in the US or SA as long as it is ICAO.

:)