PDA

View Full Version : Afghan casualty 113

glad rag
28th Jul 2008, 20:13
BBC NEWS | UK | UK soldier killed in Afghanistan (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7530004.stm)

RIP, your nation mourns your sacrifice.

To your killers...Go dtachta an diabhal thú!

moosemaster
29th Jul 2008, 08:14
Yet another sad day.

RIP.

herbaceous
29th Jul 2008, 09:00
Unfortunately I don't believe the vast majority of the nation does mourn these tragic deaths.

RIP.

Jayand
30th Jul 2008, 19:01
Herbaceous you are so right and it is so wrong, but why don't they seem to care?
Total ignorance as to what it is exactly that we are supposed to be doing out there! does anyone know?
The government aren't telling anyone and we don't seem to know ourselves, what are our aims? are they achievable? have we achieved any so far?
If the public understood and backed what it was that we are doing then perhaps they would mourn each passing life a bit more, right now what happens in the back of beyond in some ****ty, dusty hell hole is much less important than the price of food, petrol and gas, very sad but true.

blogger
30th Jul 2008, 20:12
Just another death............ so many now they don't even get on the head lines. or the front pages......

But Tony Blair is off on 5 Weeks holiday. hope the bast@rd dies soon followed by Bush.

Troops home NOW>

theotherhalf
30th Jul 2008, 21:59
You served your country without question. You did what was asked of you and probably more.
There are those who should answer for these losses, but not here.
What matters at this moment is that we remember and we care and we will not forget.
God Bless You and your family. They need the support of us all.

glum
31st Jul 2008, 08:18
No doubt there will be sereval of his mates also coming home having lost their lives, although they will still be living. I'm talking about the hundreds who return minus limbs, or full of shrapnel, or simply wounded mentally. Those are the ones we don't hear enough about...

Beer_n_Tabs
1st Aug 2008, 15:40
Herbaceous you are so right and it is so wrong, but why don't they seem to care?
Total ignorance as to what it is exactly that we are supposed to be doing out there! does anyone know?
The government aren't telling anyone and we don't seem to know ourselves, what are our aims? are they achievable? have we achieved any so far?
If the public understood and backed what it was that we are doing then perhaps they would mourn each passing life a bit more, right now what happens in the back of beyond in some ****ty, dusty hell hole is much less important than the price of food, petrol and gas, very sad but true.

Rest assured there are MANY that do care. Me being one of them, and I have also had the honour of shaking the hands of several of the people who have served in AF and IQ on their return home as they stepped off the aircraft on return to the UK (some of whom seemed a little worse for wear after the couple of day in Cyprus :})

I personally am immensely proud of the efforts, and sometimes ultimate sacrifices put in by you lot, and it will be a cold day in hell before anyone convinces me different (regardless of what I may think about the plankton in Westminster).

So not that it will mean Sweet FA in the whole scope of things, but you all have an appreciative friend in me. and my utmost respect.

Now excuse me and I will 'Foxtrot Oscar', before I get brutally violated for being a civvy in a military area :ok:

All the best ;)

*EDIT* apologys I do realise this is a Military Aircrew forum, but its a general 'big up' to you all whatever part of HMF's you are in

skua
1st Aug 2008, 21:43
Never mind Blair. Cyclops is publishing another book on the back of you brave guys. "Wartime Courage", published by Bloomsbury, comes out in November. Not that he will have written it of course. But don't you find it just a tad irritating that one of the major architects of cretinous foreign policy, and wanton under-funding of the armed forces in recent years, is now seeeking to make personal and political capital out of your hard work, bravery, and indeed 113 lives. Vomitworthy.

Skua