PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard From REX or Qantas?

lvdriver
28th Jul 2008, 10:22
A few mates have been through the interview process and now are waiting to hear but its all gone quite. Any one actually got a start date? Is there the possibility that they came out here merely to gauge interest from South African pilots so as to guide their strategy on salaries back home and how low they can keep them using the availability of South African crew as the justification?

Perhaps I'm just too much of a conspiracy theorist!:suspect::}

james ozzie
28th Jul 2008, 11:16
Recent media coverage in Australia has Qantas bossfellah Geoff Dixon announcing massive staff cuts and "no more recruiting for Qantas or Jetstar"

TwinJock
28th Jul 2008, 12:10
LIFO.

Still do NOT think that it is an option for Saffer pilots! First signs of trouble and you are jobless!

Ajax 28
28th Jul 2008, 18:36
Mate of mine was offered a job by rex.. turned it down cause the salary was nothing to move to aus for...

theBOSS
29th Jul 2008, 06:25
I know of 6 people that received job offers from Q-link.

lvdriver
29th Jul 2008, 10:09
are those offers in writing or was it verbal with the paperwork to come?

Jacobest
29th Jul 2008, 12:03
I actually went to the interview, and got a reply, "thanks but no thanks", the reason was because the standard was very high they say, anyway, the salary really sucks and there is no way i would be able to survive on that, so actually glad they declined :)

Flyer14
29th Jul 2008, 19:40
I've heard of 2 guys getting into Qantaslink and I personally know a guy who got into REX.

I also did the Q link interview but didn't make it either, reason offered was that I didn't seem to keen to go to OZzzzzzzz. In retrospect, that's probably true.

Q4NVS
29th Jul 2008, 19:48
I know 5 that got written offers from QantasLink...:}

Also heard that a Senior Captain at Comair has accepted an offer from REX. Maybe some Comair drivers could confirm/deny this.

:zzz:

theBOSS
30th Jul 2008, 13:01
Think Comair capt to Surveilance AUS. might be wrong.

Raynman
30th Jul 2008, 16:02
I got an offer from REX the day after the interview then soon after that a letter of employment from QantasLink with August to be in Oz, but its been very quiet since :confused: not specific date now.

So lost out on REX as i told them Qantas gave me an offer, looks like REX was the more sure bet at this stage...

When I asked Qantas when I could start I was told to wait a bit and don't quit my job yet! Seems they bit off more than they could chew...

Looked on some ozzy forums and seems sim courses have been more than halved and the rest of us might be in for long wait. :ugh:

Guess SA keeps a few guys then

buzz light
30th Jul 2008, 16:26
Yes one of the senior capt. at Comair is going to Rex as a Dec

phydeaux
31st Jul 2008, 04:56
Has anyone who was on the second interview from the end of June to the beginning of July received any info yet? :confused: