PDA

View Full Version : Fly with JM Jarre Oxygene4

armchairpilot94116
28th Jul 2008, 04:15
Electric Oyster (http://www.electricoyster.com/electric3d/index.html)

west lakes
28th Jul 2008, 10:18
WOW:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

tHAT'S BRILLIANT:D:D

treadigraph
28th Jul 2008, 11:38
Pah! Won't let me do aerobatics! :}

armchairpilot94116
30th Jul 2008, 05:10
Glad you liked it. A little background . In 1981 a coworker gave me a tape of some music that included this piece of music. Iv been humming it ever since but have never heard it played anywhere since then. Had no idea who did the piece or anything. Until just recently I walked into a coworkers office and he had this website open and I learned who did this piece of music. It was so cool to hear it after so many years and to find out who did the piece so now I can get a copy.

So I thought why not put it on here , perhaps someone else had heard it once and wondered about it?

west lakes
30th Jul 2008, 07:49

I am familiar with Jean Michelle Jarres music, it is worth a look on Youtube for other pieces asa a lot of it is worth a listen.

Boss Raptor
30th Jul 2008, 08:17
Get it on Amazon on CD no problem at all along with all the rest of his work - Oxygene was the first, then Equinox (bought out when I was about 12 years old), Magnetic Fields (brilliant) then not so certain of exact order but roughly, Concerts In China, Concert In Houston...Zoolook (an acquired taste), Rendevouz, Revolution, Waiting For Cousteau, Chronologie, Oxygene 7-13 (brilliant), Concert In Hong Kong, Concert In Lyon, Metamorphoses and finally Aero

There are some odd ball albums which are club/rave re-mixes and personally I dont go for these

scudpilot
30th Jul 2008, 16:38
Went to one of his Concerts in London (Destination Docklands) was outdoors and absolutely tipped it down... was amazing... he played a harp, with the strings made of lasers whilst wearing asbestos gloves..
He used the backdrop across the river of the then derelict east end of London... Brilliant!:ok:

Wikipedia link here... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destination_Docklands#Trivia)

armchairpilot94116
30th Jul 2008, 17:06
Yes now that I know who did that piece of music I can explore the rest of his works :)

Thanks for the input.

And of course this music along with Electric Oysters flight over the alps is just incredible a sensation for us non occupants of cockpits? Almost like a glider kind of feeling .

Super I thought.