PDA

View Full Version : Transition to ERJ190

kuobin
28th Jul 2008, 04:12
Hello ERJ senior:
I flew Boeing for more than 9 years ,Now is transiting to ERJ.I do have some difficulty beside unfamiliarity, there are so many concept make me feel strange, Why they just make some simple stuff become complicate .
On boeing ,when you programing FMC ,all you have to do is just follow LSK 6R,then you can reach your goal,In ERJ FMS things is jumping..
Do you have any problem when you doing your transition ,What is your experience and advice .Thanks...:rolleyes:...

rogerg
28th Jul 2008, 05:32
I did a similar thing to a CRJ. I would say just forget the Boeing and start off with a clean sheet. At the end if the day its only an aeroplane. Enjoy.

Maude Charlee
28th Jul 2008, 11:19
Funny, I could have sworn almost everything followed in a logical fashion using LSK6R in the E-Jet too. Either your instructors are over-complicating things, or I'm dreaming.

FE Hoppy
29th Jul 2008, 11:18
On the E-jet the MCDU is much more than an interface with the FMS. The problem your facing is one of procedures straight from Brazil. If you separate the other MCDU tasks from the pure FMS setup then you will find 6R works fine.

It's the work arounds introduced to compensate for software bugs that are getting in your way. As the bugs get fixed, and believe me plenty have been. The work arounds will slowly disappear. With load 21.4 there is no need to reset fuel used and FMS AUTO can always be done with instrument setup so in fact you could just 6R now and be fine. But until the SOP is changed the training provider is bound to go by the book. Your airline is free to approve it's own SOP and could clean up a lot of the Brazilianisms but it takes a bit of background knowledge to know why things are like they are and the E-jets can be a bit complex at times so be careful.

FFS-KLOOT
24th Aug 2008, 15:11
The MCDU takes a bit getting used to, and there are some Honeywell /
Embraer (:*) issues still on the latest Epic load....but as stated in the previous post, it will only get better.

Once you get the hang of it, it is a fantastic piece of kit, & the E-jets are very intelligent and great to fly.