PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia X faces problems spreading wings

Mat Tongkang
28th Jul 2008, 01:54
Here is report :

Visa rule could scupper AirAsia X flights to JapanJul 27, 08 10:04amLong-haul budget airline AirAsia X is likely to drop plans to fly to Japan next year, despite several airports having welcomed it, due to tough visa rules.

Good times ain't coming yet!

Left Wing
28th Jul 2008, 05:06
infact the Japanese economy could do with some SE asian tourist
money

a345xxx
28th Jul 2008, 09:57
As much as i can sympathize with AK for not being able to grow I think Japan has the every right to have such stingent immigration controls.

After all last thing they need are more illegal workers from third world countries entering their country.

If the UK also go ahead with the visa requirement(due to illegal usage of the commonwealth visa waiver) for Malaysians then even that sector could be in trouble!

James' Bro
28th Jul 2008, 10:24
No mini bas stop approval. Express bas no arrive yet...
so the best 'excuse' is visa mah !;)

hellboy
28th Jul 2008, 15:55
A Japanese pilot wonder how they maintain their aircraft with such a low price ticket? Is it safe??

Even for the low cost carrier in Japan the ticket price is not much different with the regular one, and they are competing with Shinkanzen bullet train. That's should give you an idea how they put a price for safety in Japan.

Well you'll never know if you don't give it a try

Hellboy

sayap-patah
29th Jul 2008, 11:53
well the truth is , their view are redirected to fly to india and midle east , as those are a huge growing market presently.

For Hellboy , just for your info Aviation safety in Japan is the same as in Korea or Taiwan ( i was there for a year ), nothing special about it, and their JCAP stil say outer marker by 'atamaka poin' and if you confirm with them, they will get angry, and there is still loss position incident when they are on ground in JFK or Boston. So nothing to proud regarding Japan Aviation Safety.

cheers.