Anyone have some info on Azul?

Startup dates?

How many pilots will they need?

Will guys from TAM/Gol jump ship?

Anyone? Anyone?

alemaobaiano
27th Jul 2008, 13:33
Sonny

Recruitment for captains is already under way, FO recruitment will probably start in September. First flights are scheduled for January next year, although there are some rumours that they will try to operate a few routes before Christmas to catch the holiday rush.

How many? Initially I have no idea, the last I heard they plan to have 5 airframes in the first batch, with 39 planned by the end of 2009. Whether they plan to recruit all the crew they need at the start, or phase the process, I really don't know.

As for TAM/GOL crews jumping ship, it will depend on how the individual rates quality of life. Salaries (at least for captains) are apparently lower than at the other carriers, however Azul crews will be home every night instead of having up to 5 days away. For some that will be important, for others less so. Crew bases will be at dispersed locations, not just SP/RJ, so again that factor could be an attraction for some, even with lower salaries.

I notice that your profile states that you are in the US, so my apologies if I misread your intentions, but just to forestall any questions about the subject, normal rules apply and it will be Brazilian citizens only.

ab

SonnyCrockett
27th Jul 2008, 14:17
Good info!

Thanks....

varigflier
9th Aug 2008, 05:11
So Sonny, when are you going to tie the knot???

alemaobaiano
9th Dec 2008, 08:47
Operations starting on December 15th with flights from Campinas to Salvador and Porto Alegre.

TTFN