PDA

View Full Version : Had my first Trial Lesson at Mid-Wales Airport Welshpool Powys

CaptainTC
26th Jul 2008, 22:04
Hey, i had my first Trial Lesson at Mid-Wales Airport Welshpool Powys, yesturday (Fri, 25th July 08), and have to say i really enjoyed it. The lesson was only an hour in a Cessna F150L but we manged to get all the way to Wrexham and back. The Instuctor said that i was the best trial lesson student he had ever had and that i would make a good Pilot. So am quite happy about that. I'm definitely going to go for my PPL.

captain_flynn
27th Jul 2008, 10:31
Glad you enjoyed it! I currently fly the C150 too. Nice little bird!

Good luck for when you go for your PPL. :ok:

Information Delta
27th Jul 2008, 16:53
Well Done!:)

I had my first flight in a light aircraft at Caernarfon airport. I then continued on with my PPL at Barton aerodrome in Manchester.
I did all my PPL in the Cessna 150/152 and then converted to the 172 upon passing the Skills Test.

Best of luck with your future flying,

Information Delta

heronair
27th Jul 2008, 20:09
It was a real pleasure flying with you on Friday... those thousands of hours you have with FlightSim will stand you in good stead! It is, for an instructor, sometimes a pleasure to find someone who has done a lot of the theory study before he flies. I wish you the very best of luck, and hope to fly with you again.

CaptainTC
27th Jul 2008, 21:40
Hey, thanks, it was a pleasure flying with you too. I would like to have flying lessons with you again, but Welshpool is a little far from where i currenty live and it would be tiring for me to drive all that way continuously. I am going to look for a Flying School closer to me and hopefully get my PPL. Anyway hope to fly with you again. Thanks again Happy Flying.

Speed bird 002
27th Jul 2008, 22:07
I also had my first trial flight experience today. Flew from Cabair in Denham and flew the PA28. The Spanish instructor I had was very nice and let me take off and taxi. Also did a few calls on the radio so quite chuffed about that. What I did notice about flying is how difficult it can be ( first time remember ) to keep a constant altitude and attitude. I kept going up and down 100ft although to the end my flying got much better. I also kept looking at the instruments, a bad habit of flight sim unfortunately. Also did some steep 60 degree turns which was really cool, 2g's pulled apparently and also a stall. I was actually not looking forward to the stall but turned out piece of p**s :}

Ill be starting my training towards CPL/IR level in Oct and I just cant wait.

SB :ok:

CaptainTC
27th Jul 2008, 22:17
Hey thats cool man, good luck :ok:

midiman
29th Jul 2008, 11:08
I had trial lesson with TPC in Denham on their PA28 Warrior.

I kept checking the instruments too lol. And had trouble keeping the nose attitude level with the horizon.

Scanning the instruments is great in a sim. But remember to look out of your window.

Warriors don't have TCAS installed lol. :=

VictorGolf
29th Jul 2008, 13:49
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had my first trial lesson at Squires Gate (Blackpool) in June 1968 and I'm still flying so beware, it is addictive. It was also in a Cessna 150, so it shows just how long they've been around. Good little aircraft and "does what it says on the tin".