PDA

View Full Version : How can be……?

rousseau
26th Jul 2008, 17:54
Hi

Could you please come to take a look?
YouTube - F22 raptor revealed 2008 (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uUBIdsDTheQ)

During 1:28 to 1:38, what's the name this maneuver called?

The action seem to be a AoA followed by a high G turn. I just wondered while the F-22 during a AoA, its nose can fall down to any direction, but when its nose fall down to be horizontal, the wing span still be vertical, how does it lie the wing levelly within a such small turning diameter? The turning diameter almost to be zero, so the F-22 was being spin, whereas in a spin, the a/c almost lost speed, its rudder including flap or tail were ineffective. How does ineffective wing rudder make it change direction? :confused::ugh:

Green Flash
26th Jul 2008, 19:10
With thrust vectoring you can throw the rule book out of the window, or at least make up some new rules. If but we can see the back end in close up during that manouvre I suspect all would be revealed.

The above maybe complete c0ck and i would be happy to defer to someone who knows what they are talking about. I wonder if you can use the burners with full vectoring or will it blow the vector blades off?

nacluv
27th Jul 2008, 09:38
Another thing which you will notice is that elevators these days have a lot more to do than merely control vertical pitch.

During the sequence mentioned, you can clearly see one elevator going up and the other going down, which I have seen on other aircraft in recent years. I think the F/A18 does this also (and probably a few others)?

I dare say this helps in that particular manoeuvre!

mystic_meg
27th Jul 2008, 21:59
How can be……?

Simple explanation: Carol Vorderman threw all her letters and numbers on the floor at being asked to take a 90% paycut, and you just posted what you saw on the floor here..:ok:

rousseau
28th Jul 2008, 04:03
Arh, yes, elevator can makes an a/c spin or turn or roll, but its condition is enough speed. when a/c at top point of the J-turn, no relative speed at all, how does elevator put the a/c from be banking to be level? :confused::confused:

Al R
28th Jul 2008, 07:57
Hi

Could you please come to take a look?
YouTube - F22 raptor revealed 2008 (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uUBIdsDTheQ)

During 1:28 to 1:38, what's the name this maneuver called?

The action seem to be a AoA followed by a high G turn. I just wondered while the F-22 during a AoA, its nose can fall down to any direction, but when its nose fall down to be horizontal, the wing span still be vertical, how does it lie the wing levelly within a such small turning diameter? The turning diameter almost to be zero, so the F-22 was being spin, whereas in a spin, the a/c almost lost speed, its rudder including flap or tail were ineffective. How does ineffective wing rudder make it change direction? :confused::ugh:

God knows. But after seeing that, I hope its not running Windows.