PDA

View Full Version : pilot training while pregnant - in South Africa

flyingmogul
26th Jul 2008, 09:01
Before all the confusion of different regulations from far flung horizons begins... this is a south african post, about a south african student pilot, flying south african registered aircraft, in accordance with south african CAA.

The question is...
up until how many weeks is it legal and acceptable to continue flying training towards a PPL?

I'd love to hear the responses, from quotable references preferably...

Thanks all
FM:ok:

perceval
27th Jul 2008, 09:22
best to ask your AME .

unstable load
27th Jul 2008, 16:06
Or the doc that does your medicals, maybe?

skychick2
27th Jul 2008, 16:38
Just for the record''I am not pregnant''.......Well I hope,so ????????

Rude Boy
29th Jul 2008, 08:28
I'm not pregnant either.

Prop Job
29th Jul 2008, 16:02
Hi flyingmogul,

As far as the South African regulations are concerned, Part 67 - Medical Certification will apply here. in particular Part 67.00.09 (b) and (c).

Duties of holder of medical certificate
67.00.9 (1) The holder of a medical certificate shall –
(b) not under any circumstances act as a pilot-in-command, or in any other capacity as a flight crew member, an air traffic service personnel member or a cabin crew member, as the case may be –
(iii) if the holder has entered the thirtieth week of pregnancy;
(iv) if the holder has given birth in the preceding eight weeks;

(c) without undue delay, notify the designated body or institution of any –
(v) pregnancy;

I know this doesn't particularly apply to a PPL student, but this was all I could find with regards to fying whilst pregnant. The entire regulation is quite a large document and would be a little clumbsy to post here. If, however, you would like to read the entire document, just send me a PM.

Regards,

Prop Job

flyingmogul
30th Jul 2008, 12:10
Hi PJ,

Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find out the medical part 67 on the weekend, just did not have time to sum up the report.

Interesting tho...

FM

Toppled AH
1st Aug 2008, 18:53
Control checks please......HUH.....I can omly do the rudders SKIP.............yet again guys can't fall pregnant but some of then sure look it though.....

spongebathbob
2nd Aug 2008, 08:06
Chicks should remain in the kitchen.......

Hobagoas
2nd Aug 2008, 12:09
You're assuming they were ever there!!! :p :p :p
But I'm glad you registered just for that........obviously the first 5 minutes you've had your wife wasn't watching you! :E

powerstall
2nd Aug 2008, 16:07
So who's pregnant again? :uhoh: