PDA

View Full Version : Inside Information

Dyzo
24th Jul 2008, 13:42
Hey there guys,

Has Anyone recently (like in the past 3 months) undergone the FAT's (preferably Fleet Air Arm Candidates) at RAF cranwell? If so, could anyone enlighten me on what to expect.
I did my FAT's about a year ago, just wondering if anythings changed since then like the possible introduction of new tests.

Last Year i had to do -

Obviously the Hand Eye Coordination with the Pedals and the control column.

Memory Test - A test that consisted of many different coloured aircraft flying different manouveres accross the screen, then tested on the aptitude of being able to remember what colour aircraft did what manouver.

Workrate Test - The ability of being able to #1 Do simple mathematics #2 Memorise a series of letters #3 Sort a set of coloured moving diamonds into relevent strips of colours.

Map Test - Consisting of SDT and fuel usage, vectors and shortest route.

Questions consisting of SDT and fuel consumption

Verbal Reasoning - Data is supplied and the candidate needs to find certain information that is indexed. forced to make judgements on which quote is the most accurate.

And finally information/statistics - the ability to search for relevent information concerning graphs, table's and written information.

If anyone could possibly help me i would be very grateful!

Dyzo

cazatou
25th Jul 2008, 19:42
After 30+ years of Military flying (including Instructing and Examining) the best advice I can give is quite simple:

"Always expect the unexpected"

Pontius Navigator
25th Jul 2008, 20:00
Dyzo, things don't change that quickly. The old battery of tests lasted a good 40 years. Even the interview was unchanged until recently when "how old does that make you in years and months" was dropped.