PDA

View Full Version : Why do you want to become a pilot?

ravanelli295
23rd Jul 2008, 21:53
How would YOU answer this interview question???

nickyjsmith
23rd Jul 2008, 22:06
Truthfully, or a good interviewer will see straight through you.:ok:

owenoundle
23rd Jul 2008, 22:08
I dont think there is any "correct" answer, just say the truth!! how did you became interested in aviation and how did that interest grow into becoming a pilot? If you want to become a pilot, then you obviously have the correct answer!!!

G SXTY
23rd Jul 2008, 22:08
1) Because I love flying
2) The view
3) I enjoy the challenge of doing a difficult and complex task safely
4) It's something very few others can do
5) I'm a perfectionist but I'll never have a perfect flight - it's a never ending challenge

etc etc

redsnail
23rd Jul 2008, 22:50
When I was at school I like sitting around and looking out of windows.

Figured flying would let me do that and pay me. :ok:

mr.tos
24th Jul 2008, 08:13
I want to be a PILOT because it's a fun job and easy to do. That's why there are so many PILOTS flying around these days. PILOTS don't need much school, they just have to learn to read numbers so they can read instruments. I guess they should be able to read road maps too, so they can find their way home if they get lost.

The salary PILOTS make is another thing I like. They make more money than they know what to do with. This is because most people thing that PLANE flying is dangerous except PILOTS don't because they know how easy it is. I hope I don't get airsick because I get car sick and if I get airsick I couldn't be a PILOT and then I would have to go to work.

MarkColeman
24th Jul 2008, 15:38
chicks love my uniform.

end of discussion.

potkettleblack
24th Jul 2008, 17:52
Closure for me wins hands down.

Get up, go to work, do what you should do, share some jokes and have a good day out, don't bang into anything then go home and relax. If crew control calls trying to get you to work as a favour and your not rostered for it then simply don't answer.

Try doing that working in an office like I used to do. You would be be crucified the next day. I might now work weekends and holidays but at least I get paid to, not like in my previous life.

john.o.pilot
24th Jul 2008, 20:00
i like to supervise and monitor autopilot

colsie
24th Jul 2008, 21:07
I like the idea of having tonnes of metal under my control.