PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning in USA JAA ATPL

rayward
23rd Jul 2008, 03:25
Hi, I read about JAA ATPL distance training in the UK. Seems like everybody likes Bristol.gs

What about in the US???

So far I only found:

Naples Air Center........................ 3.000 USD
Phoenix East Aviation.................. 1.800 USD
Orlando Flight Trainig................... ????

Any other schools???

Which one is better??

Thanks!!

I'll Be Realistic
23rd Jul 2008, 14:55
NAC are the only ones approved for DL at the moment in the USA.

Just looked at PH. East. They are selling Naples Course.

OFT DL is in the pipe line - online in a few months apparently.

IBR

rayward
24th Jul 2008, 04:29
Just called Phoenix East, and they dont have DL any more.

Also called Orlando and they don't have it approve yet.

Looks like Naples Air Center is the only Distance Learning school approve in the US!

itsbrokenagain
24th Jul 2008, 20:26
Easy fix, do the BGS course and use the exam center in Florida. Although probably costlier you will get a much better deal and get the whole thing done a lot quicker and more professionally.

If you have troubles getting use to the exam center in the usa, just call steve at oft, he should be able to help you get er done.

Chewie von Nubbins
24th Jul 2008, 22:36
Check out Skymates in Arlington, TX. They are using CATS for the ground school. Google it.

paia7
12th Aug 2008, 21:15
That is a good ideah However, I was wondering do you need to have registered for the course with NAC and buy thier books or can you use someone else like BGS and then go and sit the exams at NAC?

lolopilot
13th Aug 2008, 15:32
Sounds like a good plan. However, what about the mandatory classroom revision if you use BGS DL and sit the exams in Florida with NAC. Any insights?

Thanks

flyforfood_not
2nd Dec 2008, 21:01
Hey

I'm in the process of gathering info on Distance ATPL course..

If you decide just to take the exams using NAC testing center, you have to pay $130 to CAA per test, and also $400 for using the testing center per week session (you pay each time you use the testing, but the fee includes a weeks worth of usage). So if you decide to pass it with 5 sessions, it will cost you $2000 for the room plus 14x$130 for exams... so about $4000 total.

I'll Be Realistic
2nd Dec 2008, 23:27
I think you need to check that. If you buy a course from NAC I don't think you have to pay for access to the exam center.

Every JAA student has to pay the caa 63 GBP. No body includes that!

matty31
4th Dec 2008, 14:15
Skymates Inc. - Professional Flight Training & Aircraft Rental (http://www.skymates.com)

Have been told they will be running a ground school in March with CATS and setting up a Texas exam center as well.

Cheers

Matt

paul winner
4th Dec 2008, 20:06
NAC is the only approved JAA DL Course in the USA. The exam center is in Lakeland FL and is used by 3 schools including ourselves. If you would like further information on what you need to do to convert then please call me at NAC and I will be able to give you all the information you require.

Thanks

Paul Winner
CGI
NAC Ground-School Inc

brebelo7
19th Jan 2009, 22:57
Thanks for the input Paul. I recently heard that the JAA was pulling the plug on the distance training n North America. Anyone heard of this?

IDLWITB
20th Jan 2009, 17:18
Hi everyone

Has anyone any thoughts on Fly-Aca in florida. they do the integrated course for the ATPL and hour building etc... I am just about to complete my ppl and I am looking into training in Florida at the moment.

I see that they operate in conjunction with the popular Cabair. I reside in northern Ireland and I would like to hear any feed back that anyone may have naything to share.

thanx in advance

IDLWITB