PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic 757 FO Interview

islasdad
22nd Jul 2008, 22:59
Hi all done a fair bit of searching and cant find anybody else talking about interview for 75 FO job. I have an interview next week and was wondering if any one else was in the same boat. Any info on the technical tests and sim assesment would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ID

islasdad
23rd Jul 2008, 23:41
come on guys there must be someone who has been for an interview recently

ID

Turkish777
24th Jul 2008, 09:34
To be honest I think the majority on here have been interviewed for the B737including myself...I can give you information on my 73 interview if it helps...??

THD
24th Jul 2008, 11:59
Hi I am interested to hear an gain some info from your 737 interview with air baltic, i am considering to apply to them to.

Turkish777
24th Jul 2008, 12:39
Well when I went and I believe its still the same, it was 3 written tests, 2 were ATPL questions a lot from the Ace Technical Pilot interview book and one test on the 737 Classic, those questions come from the question bank from the web site Illustrated Technical Information Covering Vol 2 (http://www.b737.org.uk/aircraftsystems.htm)

Then a sim check on a desk top type SIM with microsoft sim on it, that is a nightmare to say the least!....A few questions on the SID etc....Then a fairly relaxed interview about yourself Air Baltic etc....

If you pass this then its physcometrical testing on another day..

Theres loads of stuff on it in the Nordic forum under Air Baltic...

islasdad
25th Jul 2008, 23:53
I think a lot of the process should be the same just the test on type that would change I guess. You said they did 2 ATPL type tests what was the difference between them. And the sim is done on a desk top that seems a little weird.

Any way as I said all info greatfully recieved.

Turkish777
28th Jul 2008, 21:58
One test had some weight and balance questions and a few flight planning questions on fuel required on a flight, and the other paper was just questions from the Ace Tech book...

That desk top style SIM has got a proper name, its like one you would do a bit of work on for your PPL....one of them old ones you see in the corner of youre little flying club with a NAV/COM box and a throttle quadrant with all the mixtures/throttles etc...sorry its hard to explain exactly what I mean but maybe someone on here will know what im babbling on about..assume its late 1980's but no expert so may be wrong..

ford cortina
29th Jul 2008, 07:52
Nah mate, they are new, its called an Elite, as seen here:

ELITE - Products overview (http://www.flyelite.ch/en/products/index.php)

its the one on the left

Turkish777
30th Jul 2008, 10:13
Cheers ford cortina that Elite definately looks like it, but its missing the other old part I was on about which the screen sits on top off. A large black metal rectangle type box which has the flaps lever with just approach and landing and the landing gear lever with a round hoop at the end of it etc...but anyway going off on a tangent from the original question but yeah thats basically it...good luck with 'it'...:}

wangus
30th Jul 2008, 20:31
Did you gentlemen who secured interviews have prior commercial experience? I ask because I've apllied twice to them, and have heard nothing. Jar IR done in UK, etc. In fact I've heard from nobody since I started applying in February. Is my 265 hours the only reason????

islasdad
31st Jul 2008, 20:20
No didnt have any experience just the 757 type rating and 450 hours total time and as to the simulator thing yes it was that elite thing the yoke kept sticking and it feels so unlike any aircraft i have flow i kept forgetting to trim. It is the mot bizarre sim check i have ever seen and dnt think i did particularly well with it.

ID

An2
3rd Aug 2008, 14:06
"It is the most bizarre sim check i have ever seen and dnt think i did particularly well with it."

Ditto.

When I was there, there were more parts u/s, than there was working on that bl**dy thing!
Throttle kept sticking for me. No matter how much I throttled back, it just wouldn't cool down!:}
I was offered a re-test on the sim, but politely said "No thanks" and told them to give me a call when there was a proper 737FFS available to do the test on.
(I'm 737-rated.)

Bizarre, is just the beginning of it, if you ask me.

Otherwise, everything was really nice. Nice bunch of people.