PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to 22 Sqn, RAF Valley

Flying Wild
22nd Jul 2008, 16:04
Just wanted to express my thanks to the crew of the Sea King (Rescue 122) which pulled my dad off the side of Tryfan yesterday. Despite falling 20ft and tumbling head over heels at least three times, he escaped with a broken finger, a banged up shoulder and some nice bruises on his head!
Thanks also to the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team who sorted him out ready for transfer.

Thanks again.

winch wannabe
22nd Jul 2008, 18:30
Its good to see someone who appreciates the hard work the SAR boys put in! well done lads.

PPRuNeUser0211
23rd Jul 2008, 08:47
Top job lads! Having done my penance at valley, and been on the wrong end of an incident involving the same MRT & helo (albeit the fall for this chap was quite a bit further than your dad's wg!) can say they're a great bunch of guys and gals...

Just wonder if OVMRT have decided to start carrying cameras yet, still no word on where the film from mine ended up! Thieving welsh....;)

yttar
23rd Jul 2008, 09:08
wg. Thanks for the post - I'll make sure the crew, and the members of OVMRT see it. We're all glad your dad was ok - all too often it doesn't turn out that way on Tryfan!