PDA

View Full Version : ICAO Doc 8168: best sources for study?

Airline Pirate
22nd Jul 2008, 02:08
Hello there folks,

I thought I would ask this here people here would be more familiar with the document...

ICAO On-line Publications Purchasing Site (http://icaodsu.openface.ca/search_results.ch2?Category=document&DocGroupID=124)

I am attending a airline selection in a few weeks as an ICAO North American pilot converting his licence to JAA standards.

I have been told to come prepared and familiar with ICAO Doc 8168 and the [european] nations AIP.

The trouble I am having is knowing what exactly is in the document, and whether there is a free online copy available to study from...

Having found the official ICAO site, I am wondering if I can have to buy BOTH parts, as the 2nd one is ridiculously expensive...

In other words, when aircrew have to become familiar with this document, what is the most painless way of learning it [or do I have to bend over and take the $700 hit for a 2008 edition that will be outdated by the New Year..]

Bus14
22nd Jul 2008, 07:32
In theory, the only way for a private individual to access ICAO docs is to pay for them. However, I understand that the Danish government take the view that their citizens should have free access to documents that are required for their work. If you are a Danish citizen you can Google your way to the Danish CAA website and download Doc 8168.

Clearly, if you are not a Danish citizen this option should not be used, however, it is not my place to judge how others choose to use the internet;).

Hope this helps.

Bus14
Have fun. Don't crash