PDA

View Full Version : Mcc Be200?

stefair
21st Jul 2008, 10:39
Hi,
Hope this question ainīt too dumb but I will ask it anyway... In order to fly a King Air commercially as a copilot, do I need a MCC too? And if, can that be done as part of the TR course? Many thanks for you help.

MIKECR
21st Jul 2008, 10:43
Depends whether its certified Multi Crew or not. Many King air's are only single pilot. Is it G Reg, N reg??

Mercenary Pilot
21st Jul 2008, 10:48
As a co-pilot (actual P2), the answer is yes. An MCC is required to be a pilot on Multi Crew aircraft. Some King Air's are flying under single crew regulations so the captain would not need an MCC in those circumstances.

It can be done with the TR (which is a much better idea and usually cheaper) but it depends on the TRTO, some offer the rating but don't have the facilities to do the MCC.

:ok:

stefair
21st Jul 2008, 11:43
Thanks for that, MIKECR and Mercenary Pilot! The AC is a D reg and the TR would be conducted in the US. So generally speaking, can a MCC be done in the US as well and subsequently endorsed on a JAR CPL?

MIKECR
21st Jul 2008, 11:54
Assuming the TRTO has approval to conduct MCC courses then I dont see why you couldnt do it in the US. You could always check with the CAA(im assuming UK licensing that your refering to) list of approved training organisations and check for yourself. As a slight aside, your CPL isnt 'endorsed with' an MCC. Its a stand alone qualification. You may also wish to check what kind of hours you will be logging on the King Air(presumably you have a job lined up on it?). As myself and mercenary pilot referred to, is it certified for multi crew operation or not. If its not, you wont be logging offical multi crew time by JAA standards. You will only be logging presumably P1 multi engine turbine time, whenever you are handling pilot.

stefair
21st Jul 2008, 12:20
Thanks for that, did not know, always thought the CPL will be endorsed with a MCC.

Yes, the CAA will be my license issuer.

Yes and no, I have been invited to a second interview and presumably contract details will be discussed there and, needless to say, I would like to know what the rules are to explore my options in advance. In my application, I had never mentioned plans of doing the MCC training at my own expense and during the first interview the chief pilot never mentioned a MCC, it was merely discussed the need of obtaining the TR in the US, which will be paid for in full by the company. Obviously, I would like to have them pay for the MCC as well, if necessary but just do not know what the deal is. What I know for sure is that I will only be flying the AC as P2 for starters and therefore am assuming it is certified for multi crew operation only. That being said, I gather this necessitates a MCC, right?

Mercenary Pilot
21st Jul 2008, 12:24
I'm not up to speed on German regulations regarding single crew operations on the King Air. However, In the UK its the operator who specify whether they intend to use the Be200 single pilot or multi crew (or both in some cases), this is then endorsed on their UK AOC IIRC.

I'm guessing but I would think that, because your employer is requiring you to be TRed, then you are going to be conducting multi crew operations. It's quite common for corporate sized aircraft type ratings to be conducted in the United States, they are done under JAA requirements and usually have the facilities to do the MCC as part of the course again fully complying with (and usually exceeding) JAA regulations.

MIKECR
21st Jul 2008, 12:27
If its certified multi crew then yes you will need an MCC.

Sounds all very interesting, especially if your going to get an MCC as well as TR paid for. I would certainly make sure though exactly what your getting and will be legally able to log whilst flying.

stefair
21st Jul 2008, 12:44
The TR provider is Flight Safety, Inc. based in ATL, GA. Yes, it is a corporate job and the impression of the company I have at this stage is just great. It would be the cherry on the cake, for sure, as the whole package is amazing for a rookie like me. So thanks a lot for your input, keep your fingers crossed that they will give me the job...

potkettleblack
21st Jul 2008, 15:01
Sounds like a great opportunity. As someone alluded to you need to clarify if you are going to be able to log the hours as P2. Many corporate outfits operate their TP's with multi crew for insurance requirements although the AOC may list it as a single pilot aircraft. Therefore you could find yourself in a situation where you are effectively acting as safety pilot and not as a co-pilot logging P2 hours. Problems arise later on down the road when you are looking for your next job and have to explain to a potential employer how your hours are so low but you are type rated.

Regardless of the logging issue if the type rating is free then I would say take the bull by the horns and get some commercial experience and dive on in.