PDA

View Full Version : Etihad worries

Hungry_Hippo
21st Jul 2008, 10:06
I've booked return flights with Etihad from LHR to SYD in November as they're offering a great deal considering the current climate. I was initially excited because Etihad are promoting themselves as the next Emirates but there are so many reviews I've read since booking, that slate Etihad for poor customer service, (miserable flight attendants, unclean toilets, thinly padded seats, unhelpful check in staff and faulty IFE being the most common), that I'm beginning to worry that I've made a terrible mistake now. The only gripe I've got so far is that Etihad don't show any seating plans for their aircraft and though I've emailed them twice requesting this information, so far I've yet to receive a response (A340-600, if you're interested) - not a great start.

Can anyone ease my worries ??? (or at least get me a seating plan)

JulietNovemberPapa
21st Jul 2008, 10:59
My wife and I flew EY LHR-AUH-BKK-AUH-LHR at the end of 2006 (yes, a long time ago now). We were pleased with everything. Can't recall anything bad.

aeroground
21st Jul 2008, 11:16
flew couple of weeks ago with them, virtually empty a/c service good, but it all depends on crew on the day. Even suprised the handling agent in LHR was courteous. enjoy your flight. and no I do not work for them.

All Ahead Full
21st Jul 2008, 11:53
Flew wth them to AUH in April, and the outbound flight was fantastic, no one on it, the IFE was great, and the food okay, once initial drinks had been served, had to go to the back to get some more, but this was no real hardship, as the plane was so empty, no complaints really.

Rainboe
21st Jul 2008, 11:55
The only gripe I've got so far is that Etihad don't show any seating plans for their aircraft and though I've emailed them twice requesting this information, so far I've yet to receive a response
You've bought a ticket or two, and now the airline is supposed to have on hand seating plans? Why should they actually have any available to email you? I don't think many airlines actually have such plans readily available for customers unless they are already on their website for public access. What are you going to do with the information? They are not going to let you see which seats have been taken, otherwise other airlines will be snooping to see what sort of loads there are on that route!

Hungry_Hippo
21st Jul 2008, 12:08
My gripe was more to do with the fact that after a few weeks I have not had any sort of reply. The topic is irrelevant - it's more to do with courtesy than anything else.

Interesting to see the empty aircraft stories though. I've heard that one a few times too.

Rainboe
21st Jul 2008, 13:31
Trying to get a reply out of any airline's customer service department is not easy. Trying to get something unusual out of them is out of the question. The staff who occasionally man the department are for dealing with complaints, a seat plan is probably quite beyond them!

It's easy to be put off by adverse comments. Go along with an open mind on the flight and judge for yourself! For example, I recently went through T5 with dread. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end.....and my bag turned up. Things change.

Shack37
21st Jul 2008, 14:10
HH
Try seatguru.com. Etihad are not on there but some other airlines operating that aircraft are. There may be some differences in seat configuration but it may give you an idea of what to expect.

Enjoy your flight.

s37

Mike16
21st Jul 2008, 15:10
Hi

Well i have flown Eithad from manchester to Abu dhabi and then another Eithad flight from AUH to muscat and return and they were FAB, great service, lovely food on all sectors, planes were excellent and sooo clean, the I.F.E was of the highest standards with the latest films etc..... I would Deffo fly with them again, so i would not worry, just enjoy your experience.

Mike

blaggerman
21st Jul 2008, 17:38
The only gripe I've got so far is that Etihad don't show any seating plans for their aircraft and though I've emailed them twice requesting this information, so far I've yet to receive a response (A340-600, if you're interested) - not a great start.

Can anyone ease my worries ??? (or at least get me a seating plan) Did you try looking up your reservation and selecting your seats on etihad.com?