PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook's Red Eye Flights?

Jet22
20th Jul 2008, 14:36
Does Anybody know the red eye flights that thomas cook operate??

transwede
20th Jul 2008, 15:33
Well, personally I would class the following out of NCL as red eye flights - certainly some of the passengers have red eyes I bet!!

IBZ departs 0145 saturday morning
IBZ departs 0050 sunday morning
ZTH departs 0015 sunday night/monday morning :\

I'm guessing they can be very lively flights - particularly those destinations.

jamesp
20th Jul 2008, 15:41
if this helps you, i'm flying tommy cook on 9/8/08 dep bhx at 21.40 to lpa and arriving back to bhx on 17/8/08 07.15... great can't wait!! p.s has thomas cook improved?, last time i flew with them was 6yrs ago and the worst flight ever. no leg room, poor inflight service say no more.

OliWW
20th Jul 2008, 16:44
If flew to SKG from BHX with thomas cook in 2006 was it, the last year they operated the flight, and i measured 29 inch legroom, no meals we ordered, uncomfortable seats, poor service, bumpy landing, and we had to go around at bhx twice because of traffic, and the aircraft was old and noisey, and since then i dont believe there has been much change... I flew with thomson from EMA last year, and it was fine, more legroom, better service, and a cleaner aircraft.

Litebulbs
20th Jul 2008, 18:50
Jamesp, can I ask why you have chosen to travel with Thomas Cook again?

TSR2
20th Jul 2008, 19:29
A few from Manchester.

21.45 Burgas Friday
21.50 Las Palmas Sunday
22.00 Dalaman Friday
22.00 Ibiza Saturday
22.10 Bodrum Saturday
22.20 Corfu Monday
22.25 Palma Saturday
22.30 Bodrum Wednesday
22.40 Dalaman Sunday
22.50 Dalaman Monday & Thursday
22.55 Burgas Monday
23.25 Zakynthos Thursday
23.25 Gerona Saturday
00.45 Zakynthos Monday
05.40 Faro Thursday
06.00 Keffalinia Sunday
06.00 Monastir Sunday & Wednesday
06.00 Ibiza Wednesday & Saturday

jamesp
20th Jul 2008, 22:50
I left it to the last minute to book my flights to lpa. I can only check in to my hotel on the sat. Could of had xl from lgw but worse flying times. Not many flights to lpa on a sat. Hence i was asking have thomas cook improved any since my last flight with them to lpa from lgw 6 years ago. I think it was a 757 an old one!

Litebulbs
21st Jul 2008, 00:54
The jets are 6 years older now!

Avman
21st Jul 2008, 09:41
bumpy landing, and we had to go around at bhx twice because of traffic

I've had those with other so-called "good" airlines. Not really an objective way of judging the quality of an airline I'd say.

bucket_and_spade
21st Jul 2008, 10:41
bumpy landing, and we had to go around at bhx twice because of traffic

Rest assured that TCX crews are trained and tested to exactly the same standards as every other UK airline. For what it's worth, the TCX training department is renowned as being very, very good.

Although passengers like nice, smooth landings, what's more important for the pilots is landing at the right point on the runway at the right speed (to make best use of the space available, especially on shorter runways) - sometimes this means a slightly heavier landing in the process. The aircraft are designed to take this and more so, again, try not to be too alarmed!

Go-arounds, although relatively rare, are considered a standard, "normal" manoeuvre by crews and trainers - one of the main reasons this way of thinking is instilled is so that there is no hesitation at performing one if things are not exactly as the crew would like. I'm sure you'd agree with this philosophy! Having said that, they can feel quite dynamic to passengers in the back so it's understandable that people are slightly wary of them. They also often come with little warning, which can't help. Lastly, don't be worried if you hear nothing from the flightdeck for the first few minutes after a go-around - they are busy climbing the aircraft away and following the missed approach procedure before coming up with their next move.

Best regards,

B&S :ok:

FL370 Officeboy
22nd Jul 2008, 11:00
In reality all charter airlines have the same legroom for shorthaul fleets (737, 757, A320/321 etc etc). Thomson wouldn't have been any better, unless it was one of their LH B767s.

Jet2
22nd Jul 2008, 14:01
OliWW wrote:
bumpy landing, and we had to go around at bhx twice because of traffic, and the aircraft was old and noisey,

So you'd think higher of Thomas Cook if the aircraft landed when there was another aircraft on the runway? How can that possibly reflect on TCA? And what aircraft was it that was so old an noisy that isn't also operated by Thomsonfly, when you had a much better flight? On another thread you've just said what a great flight you had with European Air Charter on a 737-200. :ugh:

Opinions on better service and cleaner cabins are valid, bumpy landings, go arounds and noisy aircraft that most other airlines operate are not.