PDA

View Full Version : India NG PIC hiring???

Geebz
19th Jul 2008, 17:24
I'm getting mixed-messages about India. On the one hand I hear aviation is in a meltdown there due to fuel. On the other hand I head Jet and AI Express still need 737 NG PICs. Before I take the contract companies word for it, can someone please shed some light as to exactly what is the hiring scene for NEW expat contract jobs in India?

I ran into a B777 Expat Captain for Jet who says they are parking aircraft and cutting back. Is that only for the B777 or also for the 737NG??

FWIW, have worked there before as well as Europe and M.E. I know about the 2010 expat rule. I am only interested in the situation for the present. India is the only place my wife is willing to go, at the moment, since she is from there.

Thx

masalama
20th Jul 2008, 07:48
hey 8,

it's difficult to gauge the situation now over here....facts though point towards a definite slowdown in aviation....

20-40% cut in capacity being reported across the board ...the only expanding carrier is KF but only god knows if it's sabre-rattling or actual plans....

demand for expat NG PIC still there but it's a risky proposition with the 2010 rule and expat layoffs first if any major downturn happens...that said SPICE/JET/JETLITE/AIEXP will still hire you today but I would wait for something more concrete like flydubai or one of the far-eastern contracts....
again it's hard to guess which way aviation goes out here , all dependant on the price of oil......
take care and masalama

Geebz
20th Jul 2008, 14:35
Thx for the advice, all. I'm not all that worried about the 2010 expiry issues. My wife is Indian, I have been going there for nearly 10 years since we try to raise our children there half the time. If we decide to stay, I suppose I can always convert my licenses and work as the spouse of an Indian (so I am told). As I said, I am only interested in the next 18-24 months. What happens after that (getting kicked out or whatever) I am prepared to deal with. My company is offering leaves and India is the only place I want to work. Most other pilots who are taking the leave offer tell me they are going to China, The Far East and M.E. If I can get a decent 73NG gig there I plan on taking it. I spoke with SJ a couple of months back. They were willing to take me but since then have heard read they are cutting back significantly. In the meantime, a contract company is offering me AI Express. Any thoughts there?

capt737NG
21st Jul 2008, 10:04
Hai Geebz,

I just compeletly 3 yrs contract wit JA and got another 2 yrs extention from management..so, dont worry about job, as chief pilot telling me, whatever fuel price increase, they still need many 737NG pilot because rite now we still short of capt.
Welcome Geebz..
Salaam namaste..

rohit83
5th Oct 2008, 12:56
Air India is still strong in hiring B737NG Captains.

All Captains require is a minimum of 100 PIC hours on type

The best company to use for Indian aviation is Aviator Recruitment

They are very good and have strong ties in all major Indian Airlines

their website is Aviator Recruitment for short and long term contracts for flight, pilot, cabin and maintenance crew opportunities (http://www.aviatorrecruitment.com)