PDA

View Full Version : Twin engine hire/groups north of london

echobeach
19th Jul 2008, 08:39
Completing the MER this year was one of the highlights of my PPL flying so far and I received some really useful advice from PPRune when considering this rating.

There is no doubt that this sharpens up your flying skills just as I found the IMC did. In fact I enjoyed this so much I was expecting the weekend to be filled with trips to France and the Channel Islands with Mrs EB happily strapped in. She is definitely a fan of the 2 engine variety of light aircraft.

However what I had not anticipated is how difficult hire of a twin is in comparison to a variety of SEP that I have flown. Many had said that a twin would be available to hire, but a combination of factors means that I have yet to use this rating.

Many insist on 20 hrs P1 on type for insurance and this is a bit of catch 22. Most groups are happily established and not looking for a green multi-pilot.

Any ideas for twin hire at airfields in the north of London area. Ideally looking for Seneca / Aztec rather than glass cockpit Diamond etc. I have searched the archives and not found anything relevant.
Thanks EB.

vanHorck
19th Jul 2008, 14:13
the way to do it is to log the first tens of hours with an experienced safety pilot on board, costs a bit more but it will also help you on the experience

L-Band
19th Jul 2008, 15:33
We will have a Aztec fresh off an C of A available shortly if you are interested send me a PM.

L