PDA

View Full Version : Heli Operators at BAA owned Airports?

pullinpitch
18th Jul 2008, 11:57
Can anyone please tell me if there are any Helicopter operators actually based at any of the BAA owned Airports... Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted or Luton etc?

Thanks
Pp.

Big Tudor
18th Jul 2008, 12:00
Dunno about the English airports but Aberdeen is BAA, plenty of helicopter operators based there.

pullinpitch
18th Jul 2008, 12:09
I'll expand my question further by also asking what Airports around the World with large passenger numbers (i.e. In excess of 30 million per annum) have helicopters also based at the same Airport?

Hilife
18th Jul 2008, 12:18
Harrod's Aviation base S-76's and A109's at Stansted and possibly Luton, but not aware of any other operators at LHR/LGW.

Pandalet
18th Jul 2008, 13:26
I don't know about the passenger numbers, but the major airports in South Africa all seem to have helicopter training outfits based at them (Cape Town, Johannesburg, etc)

Flingingwings
18th Jul 2008, 14:02
As already mentioned, Harrods have S76's and 109's based at Stansted, together with FBO facilities and engineering.

Harrods at Luton is an FBO and engineering base.

FW

HOVERJOCKI
18th Jul 2008, 14:38
McCarren in Las Vegas has 4 operators based on the west ramp. Each company has any where from 4 to 25 aircraft each. Operations out of there are pretty easy. The tower works well with us and depending on whos in the seat at the time can either be a breeze or like pulling teeth.
We also have 3 TV stations that operate the area with one actually based at McCarren as well.

dnheli
24th Oct 2014, 08:29
Newark Int'l (EWR) has an active multi-heli fleet with a charter operator, as well as a stand-alone heliport across a river within its surface based airspace, housing tour copters, news, etc.

JFK has NYPD based at the nearby Floyd Bennett field. Not aware of any helis based at LGA, or if TEB has >30mil ops but there are several executive copters there.