PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough airshow

lc_aerobatics
17th Jul 2008, 19:41
Hi,
I spent last two days at above show and it proved pretty useful for me. Over those two days I managed to speak to 3 different airlines and two chief pilots...unfortunately outlook doesn’t look great.
Has anyone used this show as job-hunting venue?
Cheers

THE WELSH WIZARD
17th Jul 2008, 19:55
Hi there, you must be trade then, because you cant get in until the weekend unless your trade?

But my answer to your question, is well i am going this weekend and i think i will have a scout around "job hunting" the venue as well as other things.

Did you enjoy it by the way?

Rregards

TWW :)

lc_aerobatics
17th Jul 2008, 20:11
Yes I am trade. It was good show, I had a go on few sims and sat in few nice cockpits but I'd rather be there as pilot not sales rep :(

THE WELSH WIZARD
18th Jul 2008, 19:44
May be you will one day.

Keep it goin, iam trying to.

Regards

TWW:)

blue monday
18th Jul 2008, 20:30
Maybe you won't. How many of us dream of the office in the sky but settle for less, i would suggest more have settled for less than have got the gear up, flaps up, feet up job. i have had to settle for flight ops & some PPL flying.

x933
18th Jul 2008, 21:54
There were some OAT bods there today - I was watching from the bombardier stand with some clients (having just come off the Global...) as they were turned away..."sorry, no you can't look around our aircraft..."