PDA

View Full Version : Returning from overseas detachment? Check how many pax you have on board

airborne_artist
17th Jul 2008, 14:35
Top brass fury at illegals' invasion | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1432989.ece)

"TOP brass erupted in fury after learning how five illegal immigrants smuggled themselves INSIDE a frontline British military base aboard a convoy of Army lorries.

The stowaways are thought to have secretly sneaked on at Calais, boarding vehicles returning Land Rovers from Kosovo.

They were discovered only after they had passed through all security checks at the Duke of Gloucester Barracks in South Cerney, Gloucs. The blunder left Army chiefs fuming and exposed alarming security flaws at the super-secure base – used to move troops, weapons and vehicles to Iraq and Afghanistan."

Sounds like a your hat, my office, no beverages moment to me :ok:

Roguedent
17th Jul 2008, 18:57
I think they'll have biscuits though.

I doubt very much that they all sat in a land rover, one in the drivers seat just in case they needed to drive off. Commercial truck drivers check their lorries, but the little f**k*rs just climb aboard at the last minute. No matter how good security is, people hidden in the underneath of the lorry are difficult to find. :confused:

I doubt that they searched the lorry, as it prob returned at a quiet time, when there was only 2 dude/dudesses on the gate. :zzz:

Sounds like a slow news day for the SUN, the forces paper, WHEN IT WANTS TO BE!!!:ugh:

CounterSunk
17th Jul 2008, 20:26
So when did South Cerney become 'Super Secure' ?

spheroid
17th Jul 2008, 20:32
Security checks at South Cerney...????????

There is no security at South Cerney

The Helpful Stacker
17th Jul 2008, 21:24
Frontline military base?
I know the frontline in the traditional sense is a very vague thing these days but Gloucestershire?
This is not a worthy news article. They started finding quite a few extra passengers on vehicles arriving back at 16MU in the early '00's.
Jumping out of a trailer in Stafford after fleeing some other 3rd world toilet, talk about unlucky!