PDA

View Full Version : CV Help?

wannabefemalepilot
17th Jul 2008, 08:27
Hello,

After just one interview, which I failed to get :ugh: Unfortunatley things have been a little quite for me on the job front!

Im wondering if my CV is up to scratch as obviously this is the first impression I have to give to airlines? So does anyone have any recomendations? Is there anyone who looks at CV's professionally that anyone has used??

WFP

IrishJetdriver
17th Jul 2008, 11:21
In my experience you should try and keep it to a single A4 page and scan your photo on to it.

Stick to essentials. Include academic qualification in brief and detail your aviation qualification and experience. Mention first time passes and anything else that brings attention to you.

Being female may help as that is more unusual still these days.

If you get an interview or application form then you can give more detail then.

Lastly, don't sit back and wait. You will need to be very aggressive to find the first job. No-one will offer one on a plate and most companies probably don't need to advertise positions.

When I was looking, I used a professional CV company who then did all my mailshots for me whenever I wanted. Well worth the money in my opinion although I got a job eventually by getting on first name terms with the head of personnel at Flybe and then phoned him literally every week until I think he felt he had to give me a chance!

Good luck

bolty_1000
18th Jul 2008, 09:28
Having done the searches for a CV writing service myself I found them all to be vastly expensive and not nesseseraly aviation related!!

I was however recommended a much cheaper service some time ago which is done by a commercial pilot who has also worked in operations and prior to aviation came from a recruitment background - so good for other aspects of the industry as well. He charged me £18 and totally transformed my CV, so for that cash it was well worth it.

If you drop him an email on [email protected] he will definatley be able to help you.

good luck

ps. check your pm's

DrJones
18th Jul 2008, 10:55
I used future airline pilot services (http://www.futureairlinepilot.com/service.html) . They provide an excellent service!

EGCC4284
19th Jul 2008, 22:44
Try Penny Austin at

Interview coaching for pilots (http://pilotinterviews.co.uk/)

or Peter Smith at

Pilot Interview Techniques Training (http://www.pittraining.co.uk/)

Both very good

BoeingMEL
20th Jul 2008, 10:42
...wannabe, good luck in your search for that elausive first job.

In my (humble) view, I believe that Irishjetdriver said it all.

In particular, one side of (printed) A4 is quite enough and a good-quality and flattering photo helps too. (Don't rely on one of those awful photo-booth pics!)

When this old-timer was recruiting 737 drivers (not that long ago!), every CV was carefully read and those which met our criteria were kept on file.

In defence of the airlines, which sometimes receive dozens of CVs every day, it is just not possible to respond to every one. However, no-reply does NOT necessarily mean no thanks!!

Stay current, stay proactive and stay motivated.

Best Regards bm:ok:

john.o.pilot
20th Jul 2008, 18:50
whereabouts did you complete the training?

breakbreak
22nd Jul 2008, 11:10
Most of the quality schools have careers office to give you some guidance as each case is individual.

Leaky
24th Jul 2008, 02:45
Wannabe, check your PMs