PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Pay scale question

zerotohero
15th Jul 2008, 23:07
Just looking over the Ryanair cadet program and thinking of applying, just finished my ATPL with Oxford and there reccommending me for assesment.

i hear most people get offered a brookefield contract so dont actuly work for ryanair, and after line training you get €60 per schedualed block hour pay less €4.50 for recurrent costs! seems a bit mean! BUT HEY HO.

My question is do you only get paid the time the aircraft is schedualed to fly then or do you get paid from when you actuly get to work as I am sure you will need to be there an hour before to go over flight plans and other stuff before take off and i guess after landing there is work to be done too>> also what if you are late back, do you still stop getting paid once the schedualed block time is up as thats how it seems to read????

maybe i am just been stupid????

tupues
15th Jul 2008, 23:18
You get paid per schedualed block hour. I.e each hour the plane is schedualed to fly. Delays etc are unpaid. If you are stuck somewhere for 5hrs unlucky. No sector pay. No duty pay thus standbys are unpaid.

zerotohero
15th Jul 2008, 23:29
that really is a joke! how about turn around times then??? or is it really just off block to on block times?

IrishJetdriver
15th Jul 2008, 23:43
As per previous reply. Scheduled block hour. However, if you get round quicker you still get the same money. Once you have 500hrs the money goes up quite considerably. think most FOs after approx 6 months take home over 3.4k sterling. You can also live wherever you like and use FR as a free bus service

B737800FO
16th Jul 2008, 07:01
IMO the only thing thats a joke is that you have done a 65k+ integrated course and are now having to fork out £25k for a type....rather you then me.

tupues
16th Jul 2008, 08:43
A good post from 'potkettleblack'.

'On the radio into work yesterday afternoon MOL was bleating on that they are going to cut pax numbers by 500,000 next year in Dublin which equates to about 150 rotations. 500 ground staff losses as a result. He of course was blaming airport fees etc. The same old hyperbole he comes out with.

Now logically you would say that with him parking aircraft (the 20 already mentioned a few months ago), plus reducing capacity at what I think is his 2nd biggest base then surely his flight crew levels will need to reduce. BUT logic doesn't always run true with his business model. You see you are effectively paying to fly and cost him next to nothing for the duration of your training. So it is cheaper for him to have a raw cadet in the RHS flying around than it would be to have a Capt and Senior F/O. Hence why I find it difficult to imagine that recruiting will stop.

What is more plausible is that recruiting may well slow down AND that cadets once trained up may find that they don't get as many sectors as planned which will impact on their cashflow and ability to fund all that debt they took on for the training. Just remember if you end up being a contractor that you have little rights and if he decides not to give you a roster for next month then you have little recourse.

Tread carefully.'