PDA

View Full Version : Will Ryanair stop recruiting next year

FLYINGPAUL
14th Jul 2008, 10:31
Hi Guys. Just finishing my IR and then MCC. Just wondering with the slow down and rumours that Ryanair are cancelling assessment days and TR is it true they will cease recruitment for low hour guys like me?

Cheers

Paul

MIKECR
14th Jul 2008, 10:53
Thats the first i've heard that theyre cancelling assesment days. But hats not to so they arent.

I'd be surprised if they did though, its a nice little money making excersise for them.

IrishJetdriver
14th Jul 2008, 11:00
I imagine they'll slow recruitment for the winter and then pick it up again ready for the summer season. Internal grapevine still says we need 700 pilots and a firm order for 3 more 737-800 was made this month. Somebody has to fly them !!

You never can tell with this business though. Reckon FR still are one of the best bets even with a self sponsored TR.

Good luck

FLYINGPAUL
14th Jul 2008, 11:04
irish jetdriver thanks for your input, so the extra 3 firm orders are they on top of the 100 firm orders they are planning over the next 4 years....does that mean they are def recieiving these jets no matter what?

Telstar
14th Jul 2008, 11:15
http://www.pprune.org/forums/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/332706-same-when-you-were-having-your-flight-training-2.html

Reference my post on this thread.

jiffajaffa
14th Jul 2008, 14:39
heard from a few captains that recruitment is to stop in september?

Nearly There
14th Jul 2008, 15:10
I wouldnt read into the rumours to much re Ryanair, I went to the open day just over a week ago, and they are still recruiting.
Ryanair Brookfield pilots work an 11 month year, the month off seems to be around the winter period for the majority, and it was explained to us that during this time whilst the crews are on there months off, the cadets will be occupying the RHS doing there line training.
And as the winter ends the summer schedule starts ramping up.
Loads of A/C on order, other airlines struggling somewhat with fuel prices etc, and Ryanair having more than 2 billion in the bank puts them in a strong position to take up new routes etc as/if airlines go under or cut back on routes.

Just spoke with a mate in the know at EMA, they are stopping recruiting end of year! For how long I dont know.

Philip Jones
15th Jul 2008, 14:36
I ahve spoken to someone right at the centre of pilot recruitment with Ryanair and they are not stopping at all. They are by far the most stable airline to survive the oil crunch! If they cant survive it absolutely noone will!! They have the money to fly all their planes empty for about 3 years!! Pop onto their website under the careers section and you can find out more. Despite what some say their pay is up there with the very best and their fixed roster is absolutely brilliant!! They are actively seeking rated captains!

99jolegg
15th Jul 2008, 14:51
Ok, so you're clearly from Ryanair's HR department :hmm::rolleyes:

littco
15th Jul 2008, 15:55
"They have the money to fly all their planes empty for about 3 years!! "

Possibly the most bizzaar and pointless comment I have ever read on PPrune!

Nearly There
15th Jul 2008, 16:44
Phil you are correct Ryanair have the cash to fly empty for 3 years but do you honestly think Mr O'Leary is going to use his hard earned profit to fund empty flights? No.

Yes the pay is good, especially the new deal for cadets, earning a good salary during line training.
Ryanair are in a very strong position and will benefit from airlines across Europe going under or cutting routes. But they will need some of that cash in the bank for that.

They are actively seeking rated captains!
Who isnt?

What we are talking about here is cadet recruitment, are you?
From the horses mouth yesterday they are stopping cadet recruitment for a short while at end of year, this could be a very temporary thing while they get a batch of cadets through line training during the quiet period of winter.

The aircraft orders stand and fingers crossed the oil situation will resolve, everybody has to tread cautiously at the moment and that includes Ryanair.:ok:

SNOCLO
15th Jul 2008, 20:18
Yes the pay is good, especially the new deal for cadets, earning a good salary during line training.
Ryanair are in a very strong position and will benefit from airlines across Europe going under or cutting routes. But they will need some of that cash in the bank for that.

What's that new deal about then? Would like some more info on this. Thank you!

Nearly There
15th Jul 2008, 20:44
45 euro per schedule block hour during line training then the normal brookfield rates as hours increase:ok:

Line training around 75-85hrs a month Im led to believe, anyone know any different would appreciate the info to.

tupues
15th Jul 2008, 23:21
Just ignore the 29000E+ expenses type rating...

potkettleblack
16th Jul 2008, 08:19
On the radio into work yesterday afternoon MOL was bleating on that they are going to cut pax numbers by 500,000 next year in Dublin which equates to about 150 rotations. 500 ground staff losses as a result. He of course was blaming airport fees etc. The same old hyperbole he comes out with.

Now logically you would say that with him parking aircraft (the 20 already mentioned a few months ago), plus reducing capacity at what I think is his 2nd biggest base then surely his flight crew levels will need to reduce. BUT logic doesn't always run true with his business model. You see you are effectively paying to fly and cost him next to nothing for the duration of your training. So it is cheaper for him to have a raw cadet in the RHS flying around than it would be to have a Capt and Senior F/O. Hence why I find it difficult to imagine that recruiting will stop.

What is more plausible is that recruiting may well slow down AND that cadets once trained up may find that they don't get as many sectors as planned which will impact on their cashflow and ability to fund all that debt they took on for the training. Just remember if you end up being a contractor that you have little rights and if he decides not to give you a roster for next month then you have little recourse.

Tread carefully.

JeroenC
16th Jul 2008, 10:04
PKB,

I totally agree with your point of view.
I am starting my TR soon, and what you're describing is delaying my sleep for about 10 minutes. Luckily I can keep doing some work for my current company.

However, why would Brookfield have increased their pay during linetraining? Surely they don't have to. What's the catch?