PDA

View Full Version : Which ATPL to go for?????

coefficientoflift
11th Jul 2008, 09:41
Hi everyone,

Just to get some insight / feedback as to what you would do??

I'm currently working for a charter company in Africa and will be finishing my contract early next year, at which point I will have approx 2,000 hours (700 turbine). My original comm. licence is from the NZ CAA.

Obviously, the next step to progress in my career, is to obtain an ATPL.
I have the right to live and work in EU, and that's where I want to be. But the dreaded JAR conversion has me priced out of the market, at least for the time being. :mad:
Even if I beg, borrow and streal, it will still take around 18 months all up to convert, and even then, no guarantee of a job afterwards!

Other alternatives are Australian, FAA, or Canadian ATP. All of which are a fraction of the price, and can be realistically completed within an 8-10 week time frame.

But this of course will not enable me to get work in the EU. Catch 22 I believe it's called!!:hmm:
What do you reckon is the best way to get from where I am now, to flying airline / corporate in Europe within say an 18 month - 2 year time frame, and without breaking the bank!?!

Let the games begin....

Thanks in advance,

C. of L.

coefficientoflift
14th Jul 2008, 20:05
Was hoping for a bit more insight.....Anyone???

OneIn60rule
14th Jul 2008, 20:10
Don't see the problem.

Aren't there N registered aircraft in the EU being piloted by FAA licence holders?

1/60