PDA

View Full Version : CFP upload into FMS information please

avfuelman
10th Jul 2008, 20:58
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I am looking for advice and information on options for uploading CFP's and other information directly into the FMS. Operating a BBJ and I understand the current provider is UVDatalink.
Basically I want to stay with UVDatalink for the provision but send my own generated CFP's created by my own Ops up to the FMS. Is this possible and if so how?

Appreciate your help in advance.

silversaab
10th Jul 2008, 21:15
Someone on here might know straight away, but for one, you'd want to ensure the format in which your CFP is output is compatible with the BBJ's FMS. I think you'd get your quickest answer from Universal. Just a thought.

avfuelman
10th Jul 2008, 21:22
Thanks Silversaab
I have checked with Universal. I think they were biasing their product and would like me to use their Flight Support services to go hand in hand. I already have this sorted. I just wondered if there was a non-bias way of arranging for any CFP to be sent straight to the FMS on the BBJ via another source? struggling to find any info.
Cheers

mutt
11th Jul 2008, 06:55
What company is your flight operations department using for creating the CFP, do they offer the option of sending directly to the FMS?

This is taken from Jeppesen, you can see the uplink function.

http://files.myopera.com/Hijazi2/albums/565372/thumbs/jepp%20uplink.jpg_thumb.jpg

Mutt

411A
11th Jul 2008, 07:12
It is my considered opinion that...Universal Aviation is one of the best in the business.
I have used 'em, off and on, since 1974 (or thereabouts) and they provide absolute top notch service.
Bar none.

Often imitated, hardly ever equaled.

PS:
At one time they were one of the original 13 US supplemental airlines...known as (what a surprise) Universal Airlines.

Pay just a tad more, get the best.