PDA

View Full Version : air asia interview...need info

austra1998
9th Jul 2008, 13:19
Hi,

I have been called for an interview with air asia (malaysia) to fill in the position as FO on a 320.

can anyone tell me what i shell expect during the interview?

thanks a lot,

alex

Virtual Reality
9th Jul 2008, 14:45
Have a look at Fly Damnit (http://www.flydamnit.com/) :ok:

austra1998
11th Jul 2008, 15:21
thanks...

i had a look at the site but what i could found was mostly cadet discussing their exams....i think in my case is a bit different....since i allready have the type...

anyone knows what is the ride in the sim like??? what is the instructor asking for?

and what about the face to face part of the interview? any techincal questions?

if anyone have got an idea...please let me know

thanks
alex

Virtual Reality
12th Jul 2008, 07:46
Why didn't you post your Qs in the mentioned forum and hopefully members will give you the answers. They are a few AK pilots who participate actively in the forum.

handsome one
13th Jul 2008, 05:54
U will surely ace the interview any monkey can fly for Air Asia:bored:

austra1998
13th Jul 2008, 11:08
are you suggesting that i might be a monkey??? yes?? are you??? come on....

whooo ah ah hoo ( monkey sound ) :-)

alex

Left Wing
14th Jul 2008, 02:16
no no ..if you pay peanut ...you get monkeys...hence !...:}

ikan_terbang
14th Jul 2008, 05:35
AA is paying better than their rivals MAS
Basic 12000 RM
Productivity @ 195 per hour
Average monthly hours 80
Tax 3800 RM

work it out ...take home pay is more than a MAS B373 "monkey" driver
pay peanuts and get a monkey

KaptenLanun
14th Jul 2008, 14:03
Productivity @ 195 per hour

Hope it stays that way and at the end of the day everyone can have a JOB!!!!:D

CAT IIIB
14th Jul 2008, 16:33
Any monkey can fly for Air Asia?No...I don't think so.

You better prepare for your Sim Check coz they gonna test you on type!You better know how to fly the "bird".

modeselectorignition
14th Jul 2008, 17:33
Hi guys,
Yup, pratice flying on the bird. Now, really, the bird is damn easy. Don't think too much. You need to fly the track line and put the belly at 5 degrees (brown side of the horizon). That should give you 3 degrees glide. Don't worry about the crosswinds. 30 kts? Easy peassy if you just trust and fly the bird! Nothing unusual about it. Read up on the FCTM and it should be fine. The rest? Well, if they want you, they take you, otherwise, they can just pop a couple of questions and there you go... FAILED your interview. Come on guys, you have the FCTM to FCOMs, MELs, AFM etc etc. Good luck!

MD330
15th Jul 2008, 07:44
Heard the productivity just went down to rm 150.00 per hour ???????...AA having cash problems ???????:sad:

hellboy
17th Jul 2008, 06:10
If they really do that they're going to have a big trouble keeping their bus drivers, especially the expats

handsome one
18th Jul 2008, 14:39
Can't stop laughing u AA capt is SREWEEDD fat bangla reduce your prod. per hour 150 soon it will be 100 per hour .AA got no union so your boss can do whatever he wants .Recession coming up let see what tony gonna reduce further .Good luck AA Theres' still lots:ouch: of job at sand pits

hellboy
18th Jul 2008, 17:19
Yup it's true there are plenty of jobs everywhere now, the question is going to be 'Is it a secure job?' The sand pit seems to be tempting I should say.

Give those guys a break lar... they have enough trouble flying the buses, after all they are our fellow pilots who cheated by this :mad:

Dun worry guys the future looks bright if you know where to look ;)

Cheers

Hellboy

casio man
19th Jul 2008, 02:24
Well Hellboy, the middle east is flooded by the yanks, interview dates are being cancelled and with more airlines in the west closing down, they are not short of applicants. Hopefully there will be more oppurtunities when the low cost market there expands. I think for an asian passport holder, getting in will be that much more difficult, having white skin is still highly rated.

AK shares has taken a beating the recent weeks with the Government fund coming in to help shore it up. We can blame the oil price, we can blame MAS and we can blame the world economic situation. But I guess, if we are going to blame everything under the sun might as well include TF and his ""Only a lunatic will hedge fuel — it's too volatile."

But if it is true that the flying pay will be cut, what happened to "We are comfortable even with oil at US$200 (a barrel)."? More salesmanship from a snake oil seller? At the end of the day, the best that the pilots can do is come to an agreement on the variable pay portion and the correlation to other external cost and profit. That way, when the fuel price decreases, or the fares go up, the pay will be revised accordingly. At least with more transparency, we all know where we stand.

Hope the downturn bottoms up soon...:\

hellboy
20th Jul 2008, 04:16
But to be the best, you must face the fear. And to overcome your fear, you must deal with the best.:ok:

Hellboy

Apache702
16th Jul 2011, 04:06
Anybody can share some info on the process? what to read etc...heard the written exam is not easy

mikusiaa
21st Aug 2011, 17:25
Would anyone be so kind to share ANY information on the recruitment process at Air Asia? I don't have an interview as yet. Just trying to get all the details I need prior to applying/interviewing. Thanks to all and best wishes

ReverseFlight
22nd Aug 2011, 08:44
austra1998, I understand you have an A320 TR endorsed on your FAA licence which has been validated by Malaysia. Is your AirAsia application a P2F scheme or are you local Malaysian ?