PDA

View Full Version : Any FAA CPL holders doing their DGCA conversions ???

FltSftygrad
8th Jul 2008, 18:15
If there are any FAA CPL holders who are working on their conversions please please get in touch with me. I have several questions about preparing and would appreciate any help!!!

1 big question I have is that the DGCA requires your logbook and hrs etc to be authenticated.....apart from the logbook is there a form that needs to be filled out and signed/certified by the flt school????Please help!I looked all over the website for it and no luck.

Another one is that I am taking the exams for OCt, there are no last dates for submission of applications listed on the website even though, under the application forms, it says the dates are on the site.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Anyone out there recommends a tutor for the composite exams. My understanding is that there is no real syllabus nor books to study from. :ugh:Just with a tutor...????

Leave 5 on the glide
8th Jul 2008, 19:25
May I add a question?.............for the conversion do you have to complete the DGCA Class 1 medical, or can you fly on an FAA Class 1 medical?

Thanks very much in advance,

l5otg

bad_attitude
9th Jul 2008, 04:44
yes, you need a full DGCA class I medical in order for license conversion. You can only fly on the FAA medical if you fly under FATA.

yes, the first and last page of the log book need to be authenticated by the CFI. Obviously each flight also needs to be signed by either the FI or the check instructor or safety pilot etc.

you need to fill something called the CA39 (6 months and 5 yr flying summary) as well as the CA40 if you are giving checks on a multi engine a/c.

the books recommended by the DGCA are vast. but not required. a good starting point would be to look up the "grround studies for pilots" series. there are also dozens of DGCA question banks and notes floating around. get a couple of those and they shall prove to be more than sufficient.

if you are not confident about studying by yourself. there are a whole bunch of people taking classes in delhi and around.

FltSftygrad
9th Jul 2008, 16:28
Where do I find these forms? Cant find them on the DGCA site....anywhere else I can find them...any other links, etc.....???:eek:

Also, anyone has any info on these question banks and how I can get my hands on them???I'm on a time crunch so any and all help/suggestions appreciated.:)

Leave 5 on the glide
9th Jul 2008, 17:09
bad_attitude - thanks vey much for the reply. A further question: what is FATA? Thanks very much,

l5otg

Aero Fan
9th Jul 2008, 22:20
Hey FltSftygrad
The CA39 form you needn't worry about until you arrive in India. It's available with flying schools here...and you would need the CFI of the school here to sign it out for you.
The CA40 is the form for your multi engine flight tests (day/night/CrossCountry and IFR checks)...Now this one you should be concerned about since it needs to be completed by your FAA examiner/Chief pilot instructor.
There's a separate set of flight tests forms if you're keen only on the Single Engine conversions...again Day/night/XC and IFR....to be completed by your FAA examiner/
Where can you get these? Contact a flight school here in India.There's one called Flytech in Hyderabad. CALL them...and ask them to email it to you.
Hope that helps.

FltSftygrad
10th Jul 2008, 03:45
Thanks AeroFan.

Anyone,Everyone any word on these question banks for writtens that no one talks about????Is there even a syllabus, something, anything I can work with in prepping for the exams..???

bad_attitude
10th Jul 2008, 05:28
it's advisable to do the single engine checks in the US itself .... very cheap.

all you need to do is give the Day, Night and IR skill tests, plus a 120 NM xc check at night and 250 NM check by day.

if you want a ME endorsment, do the same checks as above and just ensure you have 10 hours in the ME a/c ... thats it.

Leave 5 on the glide
10th Jul 2008, 16:49
Any idea what FATA stands for?

Cheers,

l5otg

alouette3
10th Jul 2008, 17:20
Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization.

Alt3.

Leave 5 on the glide
10th Jul 2008, 18:51
Ah-ha, thanks very much Alt3. :ok:

FltSftygrad
10th Jul 2008, 22:30
Ques about PIC time on Multi in India. Here in the US, if rated on the aircraft, and performing PIC duties, u can log as PIC even tho ur instructor is with you. I hear in India this is not the case. Anyone??? At the school I went to, no solo's were allowed in the multi due to insurance policies' requirements.

Also, still waiting for some feedback on the syllabus, question banks to study from...:ugh: