PDA

View Full Version : chopper pilots on private gin palaces

dragman
8th Jul 2008, 11:02
Anybody have any advice of who to contact regarding flight crew positions on yachts. You know, the ones that we see sitting alongside at Monaco watching the F1?

RVDT
8th Jul 2008, 11:15
AYAK?

If not you need to talk to a Kleagle.

Then when you reach the third degree of the Craft, you need to show me the token

;)

dragman
8th Jul 2008, 11:30
I think you've been at sea too long, or maybe Lord Of The Rings is the only DVD in the library on your boat

ShyTorque
8th Jul 2008, 12:39
Many of these positions are done under contract via the major corporate providers and it is unusual for the jobs to be advertised separately. Obviously, pilots on strength have to be forced to go to live on a luxury yacht in exotic places for the summer. But not much... ;)

As a newbie to the industry (not saying you are, obviously I've no idea), you will have two hopes and one of them is Bob Hope.

dragman
8th Jul 2008, 14:10
Mmmmm,

I imagine the girls will all be ugly too. But not to worry, Bob and I go waaaaaayyyyyy back.........

Cheers all

DM

WylieCoyote
8th Jul 2008, 18:39
I personally have not done this type of work, but in a previous job came across guys who did and it's not all it's cracked up to be, very little flying, (one guy said he'd managed 14hrs in a year!:ugh: and you'll normally be asked to do some other role on the boat, but that I guess depends on the operator.

Luvair(I think thats how you spell it) do this sort of thing but you'll need a shed load of hours.

Good Luck with the tan!

dunnarunna
8th Jul 2008, 20:14
Send me a PM with your details, types, quals etc. if you are seriously interested.

Bravo73
8th Jul 2008, 21:05
What part of the world are you in, dragman?

RVDT
8th Jul 2008, 21:36
dragman,

You are probably right!

PM me with your details if you want. Things change.

dragman
9th Jul 2008, 11:39
Bravo73

I'm in New Zealand, but don't tell anyone

Bravo73
9th Jul 2008, 13:17
Ah, no worries then. I've got a couple of 'leads' in the UK but I guess that these won't be of much help to you...

dragman
9th Jul 2008, 14:43
thanks anyway