PDA

View Full Version : American Carriers back at STN?

VIPER_MAV
7th Jul 2008, 16:24
Since the pull out of AA, STN has been flooded with airport mutterings of a return of AA in December 2008 and even a new comer, Delta!

Any body else out there heard any of these rumours? Who is likey to handle these airlines at STN?

With the current climate of aviation, what are the chances of this happening?

mickey71
7th Jul 2008, 23:51
good if it happens,but doubt AA be back twice now since they have been in stn and soon after starting have pulled out!

if all goes to plan with some press reports of a ba,iberia and aa merger is it we could see the flights operated in that famous colour scheme!

again a longshot i think!

not so sure about delta,again i doubt it,with the price of oil going to rise unless something dramatic happens and i am sure the worse is still to come financially,sure there is people out there with money but think you find it be spent less freely?

it be good to see either if not both in stn,but i doubt very much we will see it for a while,i am afraid to say stn is low cost only with a few schedules and be interesting to see how they fare when winter kicks in?

B777FD
8th Jul 2008, 19:38
Sadly, I can't see it myself. Stansted just doesn't seem to be able to attract trans-atlantic punters. I remember Continental's JFK service from Satellite 1 back in 2000/2001 with a 752 - but it stopped after a short time. It just doesn't happen there.

I think STN had great potential but has been turned into a bus terminal by low cost carriers. Just my own thoughts!

Anyway, Delta, Continental and US Air have recently started ops out of LHR, so I can't see an addition to STN yet.

Skipness One Echo
15th Jul 2008, 18:44
Continental operated Newark not JFK and with things being the way they are then any new Stansted service will just end up undermining a LGW or LHR service so not going to happen.

AA have dumped STN twice so again, not an option let's be honest. The airport is too close to LHR or LGW for the majors to be interested.

Alan Tracey
15th Jul 2008, 19:45
With oil at $150, I doubt that there will be many new long haul services started in the next 12 months.