PDA

View Full Version : Powerplants at wingtips

whiowhio
7th Jul 2008, 06:57
Recovering from a heavy chill and so recollection not 100% but were definately not UFO's!

Friday (I think) or Saturday cloudy morning down here at Liphook, West Sussex and out trudging the field checking a friends livestock. Unusual turboprop type noise from above and searched the broken cloud in time to momentarily see two fairly large aircraft heading west. Best described from my hazy recollection as slim metro-liner shaped with one of the two, at least, having a T-tail.

What caught my attention was the one aircraft having its engines situated near as darn to the wing tips..... I confirmed this again moments later when they again broke cloud in the distance... It really looked weird, especially being so slim. Heading for SBAC perhaps?

Obvious answer here from people more knowledgeable than a retired out of touch engineer!

WHIO.

jumbomobile
7th Jul 2008, 09:03
WHIO

Sounds like it might have been the Agusta-Bell BA609 tilt rotor and Beech 90 support aircraft that went into Farnborough just before midday on Friday.

JM

whiowhio
7th Jul 2008, 09:31
JM

Just done a Google....

Timing was about correct and just had to be - an incredible sight seeing them jockeying along together between the clouds.... Lucky Me

Grateful THANKs!
& CHEERS to PPRUNE too

WHIO