PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Flight Training Center - Florida

moutusisarkar
7th Jul 2008, 03:11
I am looking for feedback/comment on 'Airplane J-1 professional diploma program' and the school.
Please post your comment if you have any experience with 'Pelican' in any of the following areas:-
1) Traing standard
2) Fleet+FI availability during training
3) Chance of employment as FI after course completion
4) Average time and/or money spend to finish
5) Overall school facility and reputation
6) Any other useful info.

Thanks for your help in advance.

moutusisarkar
8th Jul 2008, 21:18
Is there anyone (student or instructor) here from Pelican? Please share you experience

Pitch+Power
10th Jul 2008, 15:54
Hi

can't speak for that specific course.. but I did do some flying with Pelican quite some time ago.. maybe 5 years or so.

It is run by a British couple, Terry + Meg Fensome.. incredibly helpful and friendly.
I was drawn there initially to fly the Katana.. great fun, did my 300nm in one of those.

Not much more I can offer sorry.. but feel free to pm :ok:

aloha1985
29th Sep 2008, 21:18
Pelican has started cooperating with a European FTO now after that said FTO's previous US training facility, North American Institute of Aviation (NAIA), closed down in early September - Pelican taking over the aircraft which were used at NAIA. That means a doubling of the fleet size, doubling of the FI corps, but probably a tripling of the student body. Currently they've got some organisational issues as their newfound magnitude has come pretty much overnight. I came from NAIA after they closed down, and at the moment things are taking their time - although I'm presuming they'll gradually get things working smoothly.

For J-1 schools, if that is what you are looking into, I would set my eyes on Hillsboro Aviation outside Portland, Oregon or Scandinavian Aviation Academy/SAA Flight Training in San Diego, CA. Other students who were with the JAA programme at NAIA transfered to Hillsboro, and they have been impressed with the school. One of my former classmates now instructs at SAA - and he is very satisfied.